Vancouver Salt Chuck?

Thanks Mortician, I sorta do that when I can, without getting to close. What boat are you out there?? I have the 16.5 ft campion centre console.

quote:Originally posted by scoopy

Thanks Mortician, I sorta do that when I can, without getting to close. What boat are you out there?? I have the 16.5 ft campion centre console.

I have a 21 Foot Trophy with a 175 Optimax on the back. I tail around the local charter firms in English Bay and occasionally go to Hutt and the back side of Bowen to "observe" the Sewell's Fleet. They're easy to spot as there are usually a few people on board. Another dude I know was out yesterday and found a couple of keepers.

Everyone is using small Gypsies or 4.0 Coyotes behind flashers and a guy I met at the boat show runs nothing but old skool Super Herring Strip.

Also the guide boats are all running 4 rods. Maybe that's telling of the scarcity of the fish?

quote:Originally posted by scoopy

I have a 21 Foot Trophy with a 175 Optimax on the back. I tail around the local charter firms in English Bay and occasionally go to Hutt and the back side of Bowen to "observe" the Sewell's Fleet. They're easy to spot as there are usually a few people on board. Another dude I know was out yesterday and found a couple of keepers.

Everyone is using small Gypsies or 4.0 Coyotes behind flashers and a guy I met at the boat show runs nothing but old skool Super Herring Strip.

Also the guide boats are all running 4 rods. Maybe that's telling of the scarcity of the fish?

From all the reports I am hearing, it may be picking up again.

From all the reports I am hearing, it may be picking up again.

The forcast is starting to warm up for the weekend, and I want to get out for the first time this year. Come on Sunday! [8D]

The forcast is starting to warm up for the weekend, and I want to get out for the first time this year. Come on Sunday! [8D]

Trolling alongside a buddy of mine in between T-10 and Sandheads on Weds I watched him land a nice spring. 70 feet on the rigger in 100 feet of water on a spoon, not sure which spoon though....

It looks to me like you are ok to fish outside the line between the tip of Sandheads and the tip of the North Arm jetty. For example T10 looks to be in 29-3, outside the restricted zone.

Back