Vancouver Salt Chuck?

Its been really quiet lately, I have not had a bite in 14 hours! (total fishing time in 2 days) Boo!:(

I've noticed the same thing over here on the Gulf Islands 'Scoopy'. Slow, slow fishing. Have you guys had a plankton bloom over there?

yeah, we did about a week ago is when I noticed it. What impact does that usually have on the fishing?

My memory may be incorrect but I thought I remember Silver Blue Charter's website once saying something about a corilation between plankton blooms and poor fishing.
Just trying to put more pieces of the puzzle together.

im grasping at straws here....but for some reason i remember reading that the plankton blooms and the departure of the "mature" feeder springs on their migration were related, a signal of some sorts. In other words, its a bit of a lull between teh departure of the feeders and arrival of the large runs....

i could be waayy off in left field with this though...

that seems to make sense, seeing as the fishing is slow when the bloom happens....

Went out Sat. around Bowen. We got 2 shakers. Prawns seem kind of small this year? Crab was in good shape.

Maybe i have just been having a bout of bad luck again!!! I have been running 4 rods from cap mouth to off point atkinson and through the freighters with not even a bite....

Maybe i have just been having a bout of bad luck again!!! I have been running 4 rods from cap mouth to off point atkinson and through the freighters with not even a bite....

I am using spoons or anchovies, but lately I've used army truck or green glo spoons. Still no luck! I am possibly going out tomorrow.

I am using spoons or anchovies, but lately I've used army truck or green glo spoons. Still no luck! I am possibly going out tomorrow.

quote:Originally posted by scoopy

Scoopy. Try to find the guide boats and follow them around from a respectable difference. That's how I learned to fish. I started out as a total noob 4 years ago and I've had much better results by figuring out why they fish where they do.

quote:Originally posted by scoopy

Scoopy. Try to find the guide boats and follow them around from a respectable difference. That's how I learned to fish. I started out as a total noob 4 years ago and I've had much better results by figuring out why they fish where they do.

Thanks Mortician, I sorta do that when I can, without getting to close. What boat are you out there?? I have the 16.5 ft campion centre console.

Back