Vancouver area fishing?

Well boys and girls, it was a great day on the water, lots of sun, and a hell of alot of wind in the afternoon. Felt like a ping pong ball at times( still rocking writing this) I think the whole fleet was out today, even the idiots that dont know how to move around other boats. Fish count today 0 keepers, 3 that needed to grow up a bit more before they could become sushi.

Oh well, always next week

Yes, it was very sunny and warm! ...but no fish.

And yes, at this time year at the Cap there's alway the odd guy that just can't seem to get his $hit together around other boaters.

Next week maybe the fish will be here? [8D]

Remember, it's called "fishing," not "catching."

Has anybody else checked the fishing diary they have hiding in the garage?
Locally (Vancouver) we should be enjoying our once a year fishery.
I am not in in denial!!! ( Although after this year I may check myself into the"Riverside can't Catch'em Sanitarium") but man, how late are they? My buddy is a guide up at Rivers and said,"They are 2+ weeks comin'" I may go to Campbell River this weekend and bang off a few Chum. No word of a lie I bet I will here....... You should have been here !!!! It was crazy!!!!
Any how I saw 4 fish this WEEKEND boated at the Cap Sh___T@$#((*(XX!!!! Show!
BRiISCO Were ya out there? I was looking for ya to give you back the day pass!!! HaHaHa!

I always expect October to be the best month for springs at the Cap so things should be picking up very soon. I heard the water level at the Cap is still low and if that's the case, then those big springs have not gone up the river yet. It would nice to have a contact at the hatchery who could tell us what's going on up at their end. I wasn't out much last year but the year before I caught fish at the Cap right into November. Perhaps you should plan a pumpkin pie and salmon dinner for Thanksgivings? [8D]

I once again was led astray. My buddy is holding on to idea that there are still fish at Sandheads so we launched at Steveston. Went to the coalport area and wasted a few hours. I couldn't pick up anything on the radio. Back at the ramp I thought I would start my engine with the leg up. [:0] I don't recomend anyone do that with an I/O, it makes a gravel sound as the universal joints beat themselves to death. So I put the leg down and thats how the boat came up the ramp [:0] there was about 1/4 inch between the skeg and the concrete. This is the 4th season I've owned the boat and the first time I've pulled 2 boner moves. I'm thinking of hanging it up for the year.

Brisco,
You had lots of clearance (think metric 6MM).
The weather is going to turn Friday and the Cap flood is not until late in the afternoon so I may go and try once more after work. I have that little spidey sense that keeps me wanting to fish Sandheads but now we are all into playing "Hold Em" where to go.... where to go.....
Don't give up yet.
Fish Hard!!

Brisco

Come on man, your not a quiter, fixit then go out there burn off 100 in fuel, 20 bucks bait a few lures and maybe another broken boat

HELLYA thats whats so fun about fishing

Cheer up, Brisco. Anyone can have an off day. If we ran a thread on screw ups, there'ld be no time left for fishing. [8D] Hope there was no serious damage, buddy.

Thanks for the support guys. I don't believe anything is broken except my ego[:I] Weather looks crappy for this week.

Now this is fishin' weather! [8D]

Okay, those springs should be here! Has anyone got a report?

Went out today from 10:00 til 5:30.
Did a couple of runs back and forth along West Van from the Cap to Dundarave. 2 small shakers.
Headed across to the bell and released 1 shaker.
Trolled thru the freighters, one more shaker.
Decided to make one more pass at West Van on the way to the bridge and caught a 10lb red spring.

Fished the flood today from 11:00 - 5:15 along the West Van shoreline and mouth of the Cap. A few small shakers is all. Marked a few fish and bait on the sounder. Also saw a few jumpers tight to the beach. Beautiful weather and enjoyable afternoon.

Thanks for the reports.

Nice tides on weekend so maybe it's time to catch a few chum if nothing else.

Back