Vacuum Sealers

This is the one that I use after having numerous Foodsavers over the years, it works incredibly well......
http://cgi.ebay.com/Weston-Pro-2300...=39:1|66:2|65:3|240:1318&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14
SS

seaswirlstiper.jpg

I appreciate our Food Saver! Not only for fish but also for other food. It preserves the freshness well. Costco, london drugs and Walmart all sell them.

Something we have found that helps with the moisture problem when vaccume sealing bags is to add a half sheet of paper towel between the fish and the top of the bag. This will absorb all (or almost) all of the moisture as the air is being sucked out and not let it go into the machine.

quote:Originally posted by Striper Sniper

This is the one that I use after having numerous Foodsavers over the years, it works incredibly well......
http://cgi.ebay.com/Weston-Pro-2300...=39:1|66:2|65:3|240:1318&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14
SS

seaswirlstiper.jpg

Hey SS

How much are the bags??? That is the one thing I hate about the Foodsaver, the price of the bags. London Drugs and all the other stores who have sales are a long way away. Up here two 8" rolls will run you $30-35.

I am looking at the one you have as we vacume seal all our veggies, deer, elk, moose, fish and berries and it gets costly with the bags.

The water and zip-lock works well for fish, but it does not for homemade deer smokies, steals and such. Same for veggies and berries.

Need something more.

Cheers

the other, new and improved SS:D[:p];)

Fishing08018-1.jpg

The Weston is a far superior machine to the ANY of the Foodsavers. A couple of weeks ago, we saw the latest and greatest Foodsaver at Costco for $160. ( My Professional Pro II just packed it in) we bought one and took it home. The next morning we returned it after trying it out. It DIDNT remove all the air. There were also three others sitting on the shelf that had been returned that day.

Watching Striper Snipers Weston crush a beer can is what convinced me to go with the Weston. More expensive, but worth it.

20ft Alumaweld Intruder

CL I checked out the Weston and it sure looks better than the Food Saver. At three times the investment it should be. I just use my in laws Food Saver but will be hoping for a Weston in the future.

Clinging to my Guns and Religion. www.KoneZone.com

Using a Foodsaver II, no complaints or problems, fish lasts over a year (found a forgotten piece in the back of the freezer).
One tip to avoid moisture in the seal is to partially freeze the fish in the freezer to crystallize any moisture, the seal in the bag.

A guy I work with bought a Gamesaver Turbo this past weekend. After just a few seals, it packed it in and he had to return it.

Hi SS and Marula, I actually bought mine through Victoria online and it was shipped to me from the USA. Good people to deal with as they also made sure that it was shipped via Express Mail so that I would not have to pay the UPS or Fedex brokerage fees. In fact, it arrived in about 5 days and I was not even charged GST or PST. I buy the bags from the same place and they are about 1/2 the cost of the Foodsaver bags and work well. As CL says, you should see what this machine does to a beer can. The other great feature is that you can stop the vacuum as soon as you see the liquid coming close to the sealing bar and it doesn't use up 3 inches of bag like the Foodsaver and the sealing bar is 1/4 inch wide. It should also be noted that you can seal bags that are 15 inches wide....... :) I have owned numerous vacuum sealers and nothing comes close to this one. SS

seaswirlstiper.jpg

Hey Likwit, that is the site I was referring to. SS

seaswirlstiper.jpg

Should have read more carefully......Terry

Campbell River: Ex "Salmon Capital of the World".....I hope not
21' Monaro
D3-160 Volvo Diesel
Hidden Harbour

Back