Urgent feedback needed to DFO on Southern resident killer whale survey!

cohochinook

DFO was looking for the Public's feedback on their southern resident killer whale survey that they have going. It's important that the sport fishing community makes their voice heard as there are further closures proposed. Here's a short video put together by the Public Fishery Alliance on it:

DFO was looking for the Public's feedback on their southern resident killer whale survey that they have going. It's important that the sport fishing community makes their voice heard as there are further closures proposed. Here's a short video put together by the Public Fishery Alliance on it:

Thanks for posting that up.

It does feel good to put some things down.
My main comment was that DFO is prohibiting a legal public fishery with no supporting scientific evidence.
I really let my creative writing juices flow when they asked the last catch all question about any other comments.
Intellectually lazy came up a few times...

Our only voice eh. None of our organizations can or will do anything to solve the actual problem. Noone can agree on what the problem is, and our organizations just keep pushing the survey. Yeah everyone filled it out. Nope it's not going to matter a whole lot. Nope it's not the answer. Wake up people

the problem is the liberal government and since that’s not changing anytime soon then the least someone could do is fill out the damn survey.

I hope this facebook link opens ok It's well done re filling out the DFO survey. I got it from my Port Renfrew facebook link
Looks like it's a private facebook posting....too bad Look it up on the Facebook Port Renfrew link
it did open for me from this by clicking on watch facefook

Some good info from Southern Vancouver Island Anglers Coalition.

Attachments

• 2023-02-14 Stop Additional Salmon Fishing Closures SRKW.pdf
    261.3 KB · Views: 25
Back