UPDATE ON NEAH BAY CHARTER WEBSITE

fishingbc

Canadian Fishing License Information!

Important update on Canadian fishing licenses: NEW THIS YEAR! Unless you are a citizen of Canada, the on-line purchased Licenses are no longer valid for retention of Halibut in the areas that we fish. You must purchase your Canadian license in person in Canada. Here are a couple of options to get your Canadian fishing license.
The Campbell River store is probably the easiest to get to if you are in the Seattle area, on the east side of Puget Sound. Another option is to take the passenger Ferry from Port Angeles to Victoria BC. If you hurry, you can make it back in time to get on the same boat. Grab a Taxi Cab as soon as you get off the Ferry. Tell the driver that you need to get a fishing license. They will drive you to the sporting goods and wait for you, so you can make it back to the same boat in time for the return trip to Port Angeles. Some people will make a day of it. Victoria is a Beautiful city with many things to see and do.

Campbell River Store, Blaine: 1-604-538-2454
Robinson's Outdoor Store, Victoria: 1-250-385-3429

GIFT CERTIFICATES AVAILABLE
http://www.tommycodcharters.com/rates.html

http://jambossportfishing.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=09#license

Licenses
#9830; U.S. saltwater licenses can be obtained in Neah Bay and Sekiu prior to your trip. Campbell River Store Blaine 604.538.2454
#9830; Canadian licenses may be purchased on line or in person in Canada.
Robinson's Outdoor Store Victoria 250.385.3429
Hobs Sports Abbotsford, BC 604.859.8316

Someone should call Robinsons Store and ask them to contact Jambo's & Tommy Cod charters and remove their contact info from their website, same for Hubb Sports....

They make it sound like hopping on a bus to wallmart. It's not that simple. Allthough they may retain some regulars this way, most people willing to travel to Victoria for their license will consider other alternatives like Renfrew.

It's time to ramp up the advertising on the Circle Route.

quote:Originally posted by Nimo

They make it sound like hopping on a bus to wallmart. It's not that simple. Allthough they may retain some regulars this way, most people willing to travel to Victoria for their license will consider other alternatives like Renfrew.

It's time to ramp up the advertising on the Circle Route.

ALL YOU VICTORIA, REFREW, SOOKE GUYS (CHARTER OPERATORS) SHOULD BLITZ THE TAXI'S WITH RACK AND BIZ CARDS, FERRY TERMINALS, ...GIVE THE TAXI GUYS 5% PER BOOKING....BE CREATIVE

It is as easy as going to walmart. I have been going up for the last 10 years to Vic and purchasing a license. I usually go up for the day but the last few years I have caught the fast boat out of PA and they had a cab waiting and I was able to catch the same boat back it took me 3 hours total. It was a little stressful but if you miss the fast boat in the AM you can catch the slow one then you are up to 4.5 to 5 hours round trip. It is much more fun to go to Vic and spend the day.

It is as easy as going to walmart. I have been going up for the last 10 years to Vic and purchasing a license. I usually go up for the day but the last few years I have caught the fast boat out of PA and they had a cab waiting and I was able to catch the same boat back it took me 3 hours total. It was a little stressful but if you miss the fast boat in the AM you can catch the slow one then you are up to 4.5 to 5 hours round trip. It is much more fun to go to Vic and spend the day.

If you're willing to go to that much effort, you must really like halibut fishing. The average tourist fishing once a year won't want that much stress and won't want to waste that much time just to pick up a licence.

Next time you come over check out the rest of the Island. It's only another hour and a half to the best fishing around (In fact Sooke is only 45 minutes away.) The Circle Route is a short drive up through Sooke, Renfrew, Lake Cowichan, and back to Victoria. It's worth the trip.

And you're right, Victoria's awesome as well.

If you're willing to go to that much effort, you must really like halibut fishing. The average tourist fishing once a year won't want that much stress and won't want to waste that much time just to pick up a licence.

Next time you come over check out the rest of the Island. It's only another hour and a half to the best fishing around (In fact Sooke is only 45 minutes away.) The Circle Route is a short drive up through Sooke, Renfrew, Lake Cowichan, and back to Victoria. It's worth the trip.

And you're right, Victoria's awesome as well.

quote:

Someone should call Robinsons Store and ask them to contact Jambo's & Tommy Cod charters and remove their contact info from their website, same for Hubb Sports....

I was thinking of calling them both to tell them that they provide a great service (and the big P.I.A that we cause)in dealing with all us State's Folks. And to keep it up. Even if next time I drive by and I've already got my license, fuel, etc, I'll stop next time just to buy something there. Hope (assume) that they get a fee for being a DFO recreational license dealer. I'd be glad to pay double that dealer fee now that the online tidewater licenses for us are not available anymore.

Thank You Robinson's and Campbell River Store! Always been treated well by both.

quote:

I was thinking of calling them both to tell them that they provide a great service (and the big P.I.A that we cause)in dealing with all us State's Folks. And to keep it up. Even if next time I drive by and I've already got my license, fuel, etc, I'll stop next time just to buy something there. Hope (assume) that they get a fee for being a DFO recreational license dealer. I'd be glad to pay double that dealer fee now that the online tidewater licenses for us are not available anymore.

Thank You Robinson's and Campbell River Store! Always been treated well by both.

quote:Originally posted by PNW

quote:

Now whos is taunting who? Becoming a wee bit arrogant I would say, not to mention hypocritical. Classy. [8)]

quote:Originally posted by PNW

quote:

Now whos is taunting who? Becoming a wee bit arrogant I would say, not to mention hypocritical. Classy. [8)]

I'll let you be the judge and jury of my opinion SC. I am certainly not my own in this case. No name calling here like "arrogant" and "hypocritical". I appreciate hard working folks like you that cater to potential tourists like me.

BTW SerengetiGuide. Do you know the contact info for the Gentleman that posts as "Fishing Guide" on this board? Sounds like a good fellow to spend a day on the water with.

TIA.

I'll let you be the judge and jury of my opinion SC. I am certainly not my own in this case. No name calling here like "arrogant" and "hypocritical". I appreciate hard working folks like you that cater to potential tourists like me.

BTW SerengetiGuide. Do you know the contact info for the Gentleman that posts as "Fishing Guide" on this board? Sounds like a good fellow to spend a day on the water with.

TIA.

Well...I'm just saying I found it a bit hypocritical of you to say someone on this board wrote taunting emails to neah bay charter guys...then taunt to us on this board. I, myself, can be a smartass sometimes...but even so, don't think that is fair of you to make that judgement of the member who sent the emails then do that yourself.

Hahahaha [:p]. No, can't say I do know his contact info...I'm sure you can email him and ask though ;). Another wee bit of a smartass comment (that I in no way mind as it's funny).

Well...I'm just saying I found it a bit hypocritical of you to say someone on this board wrote taunting emails to neah bay charter guys...then taunt to us on this board. I, myself, can be a smartass sometimes...but even so, don't think that is fair of you to make that judgement of the member who sent the emails then do that yourself.

Hahahaha [:p]. No, can't say I do know his contact info...I'm sure you can email him and ask though ;). Another wee bit of a smartass comment (that I in no way mind as it's funny).

I went to Robininson's last year and the guy there was a real a#$hole. I wanted to fish 6 days and he would only give me a 5 day license. He flat refuced to issue a 1 day. He was a real jerk about it. I went down the street to the iron works? or something and found them much friendlier. Robinson's will never see a dime of my money, after the way we were treated.

Cheers PNW:

Thank you for the kind words. You have a message on our previous post.

In anticipation...

Fishing Guide

I am Canadian. Let's go fishing, eh!

Nimo

I have seen the entire island and fishe most of it I spend at least 3 weeks a year on the Island. I also fish swiftsure 10 to 15 times a year depending on the weather. I would move up there after I retire but my wife would leave me and I can't afford that. I do plan to purchase a place so I can spend the summers up in Barkley sound it is the best. I have fished Sooke but I prefer the Westside except for those damn swells.

Back