Underwatervideo salmon strikes

[video]www.youtube.com/watch?v=cs9fyhyitew

Newbie at this but a link to some underwater filming done during the Ukee Salmon Ladder derby.

Enjoy

Love the way that spring took a swipe at it,missed,then circled around for the kill strike.Thanks for posting that,
Secretpursuit.Gotta get me one of those hero cams!

I've tried those zombie max, they look great in the water but only ever bagged a couple wild ho's on them
how long was your leader the footage looked real long but hard to say, I've played a bit but not alot with them

Running them alone with a dummy flasher. They swim / produce better with a large hook off the front eye and no rear hook. Toss the trebles they were designed for the east coast. Also ran them with 6 foot leaders behind flashers on the ECVI with success, prefer to play them alone using a dummy flasher. Knocked not only springs, yo yo's but hali when in the mud. Have had good success this year with them.

Last edited by a moderator:
Running them alone with a dummy flasher. They swim / produce better with a large hook off the front eye and no rear hook. Toss the trebles they were designed for the east coast. Also ran them with 6 foot leaders behind flashers on the ECVI with success, prefer to play them alone using a dummy flasher. Knocked not only springs, yo yo's but hali when in the mud. Have had good success this year with them.

I had GREAT Success with the Zombie's running them exactly as described! They HAMMERED Springs and Coho off the charter rig all season long!! Hear some new finishes in the works, and am looking forward to putting them through the Torture Test!! ;)

Another little tidbit for you Ladz...
Same Company is working on a new prototype plug - different than what we're all used to. Had the pleasure of testing one quite recently, and Man Oh Man, I was Damn Impressed! Not much does that for me anymore at this stage of the game! I'll be doing a write up on that experience soon... For now, suffice it to say: You are going to WANT ONE!!! ;)

Later...
Nog

Yes the ever popular Gopro housed in a soon to be released underwater housing which clips to your DR.

Back