underwater video

Island Fish Lifter

Does anyone have a good suggestion as to where a person can buy/rent an underwater video cam capable of attaching to a downrigger ball to watch live gear action?

Depending on water visibility you pretty much need to put your flasher and or bait within about 5 feet of the camera or you don't see anything. We trolled around with one for 6 hours, saw one fish have a brief look and that was it. Might be better with sockeye, pinks or chums but the coho and springs usually spook when your gear is that close to the ball. Mind you we didn't try a 'glow ball'.
Good luck and keep us posted.

That's the one.
It's a downrigger c/w camera. It's a good product but you need hi vis.
Winter would be better.

tortuga, yea, thats what I expected. Though, there are quite a few days off bino and maquinna where the water is freakishly clear in july and aug. I really want to see what my baits actually doing when the fish are hammering it. I do have a way to produce different rolls, but I find myself using the same "bullet" roll all the time. Im sure that sometimes the fish just arent there, sometimes they are there but arent biting, and sometimes (im sure most of you can agree with this) they are there and are hitting, but arent taking. In this case, I believe there is a way to coax them into taking since they are showing an interest. Cant you tell Im really bored right now!!!I WANNA KILL SOME BIG FISH DAMN IT!!

Try Cabelas at
http://www.cabelas.com/cabelas/en/t...602025&parentType=category&parentId=cat602025

I have used the AquaVu units up to 200 feet, but if you want a rear viewing camera, forget about the ones shaped as fish.

I used to attach to my lap top for a bigger screen, but like others have stated, clear water is a must.
Had a Dogfish attack my fish shaped one, which was really cool....and chased Lemon Sole around the flats.

Great for guests when the fishing was slow.

Back