Uclelet July 2009

Planning a trip to Ucluelet with the kids this July. Have run accross many local names that do not show on my charts. Rats nose, big bank south bank etc. Is there any where one can loacte GPS #'s for these? Many Thanks.

2550 Pursuit CC

Enter those names in the Search function and do a thorough read. Also, I've found the charter guys that tie close to the ramp at the Ukee dock are friendly and willing to throw out a bone or two in the evenings while they are cleaning all the blood off their boats and having a few pops. Just don't follow them around the next morning.

Thanks for the heads up. I'll be sure to pack a couple of cool pops around the dock when we arrive.

2550 Pursuit CC

quote:Originally posted by tubber

... Just don't follow them around the next morning.

LOL! Too True! [}:)]

Secret Pursuit: Look me up in the Boat Basin when you arrive in Ukee. Shouldn't be too tough to find the 24' Hoursten with Li'l Castaway Charters scribed on her side. Might have a tip or two for you when you make it ;)

Cheers,
Nog

Austin Island: N48 51.569 W125 18.616
Cree Island: N48 51.103 W125 19.517
Kirby Point: N48 50.923 W125 12.578
Pachena Point: N48 42.041 W125 06.956
Rats Nose: N48 35.500 W125 39.300
Swale Rock: N48 55.443 W125 13.142
South Bank: N48 50.344 W125 34.938
Wya: N48 58.424 W125 37.025
Eagle Nest: N48 57.755 W125 36.371
7 Mile: N48 44.500 W125 16.800

Most of the time you won't be able to follow the guides, unless you have radar! Once they are out of the channel, they are gone! And, you might want at least a 6 pack for them, if not a bottle of Crown! The info will be more than worth it! :)

Knowing where to fish is not as important as how to fish and if Nog shares that with you, you need to get him a "BIG" bottle of Crown! :D

quote:Originally posted by Charlie

Knowing where to fish is not as important as how to fish and if Nog shares that with you, you need to get him a "BIG" bottle of Crown! :D

.....Appletons ;)

AA large appletons it shall be. Many Thanks for all the input. Were booked into Island West on the 7th. Look farward to meeting you.

2550 Pursuit CC

quote:Originally posted by Secretpursuit

AA large appletons it shall be. Many Thanks for all the input. Were booked into Island West on the 7th. Look farward to meeting you.
2550 Pursuit CC
Full moon? The guides will probably be leaving the dock at 5:30 for the fishing grounds... YOU, should all ready be at the fishing grounds!
I would be at "southbank" first thing... and if you miss the first bite, you will probably have a "late" morning bite, and also on the afternoon flood!

Find "Nog"! And, listen to him!!! :)

Also, the guides at Island West are vey good! I have spent many a night there... and in the Pub... listen to them! :)

Many Thanks Charlie. I'm quickly learning that my bar bill will once again exceed my fuel costs, even running a pair of gas guzzling 225 EFI's. As it should when one is on holidays.

2550 Pursuit CC

quote:Originally posted by Secretpursuit

I'm quickly learning that my bar bill will once again exceed my fuel costs

LOL! As my Buddies down in Mexico say: Fish, Party, PUKE! LOL!
As long as the wobblies are kept off the water, a great many seem to fall into that pattern SecretOne! [}:)]

If you can't dig me up around the charter rig, look for a 40 foot troller, red, named Storm Dancer. I won't be far... ;)

Headed back out on Monday for a few days. Letcha know as it goes...

Cheers,
Nog

we heard Bamfield/ Barkely was hot for fish to about 12 #s, but we decided to peek out and found the water to be of our liking at 3 feet, we have a low riding 19 foot aluminum which handled the water well, right away outside we found fish from 15-22#s both days, double headers included, tons of whales, coho were even close and very small, 3-4 pounds max, absolutely no Halis, even 16 miles out?? early or commercial?? this season looks to be a FANTASTIC YEAR

Back