Looking at the Toyo AT2's

Anyone have feedback on these in snow?
All other ratings seem to be good.

Thanks

Looking at the Toyo AT2's

Anyone have feedback on these in snow?
All other ratings seem to be good.

Thanks

They are ok in the dry stuff of the interior, not sure about the good old wet cost snow though. One thing is they throw a lot of rocks.

Good all around tire though.

Cheers

SS

Try Dick Cepek, made by Mickey Thompson I can get a 35" ten ply tire
for around 200 a tire. apparently they are good tell 65-70k. but they suck in mud

im going to try them for my next set this winter, guys run them up north with alot of gravel, pavement and snow. they don't come apart like the bfg does with alot of gravel.

Just had the Nitto Terra Grapplers put on a couple of days ago. Tested them out pretty good this weekend on logging roads and the highway. I like them so far. The new tow rig is awesome!

Sent from my SGH-I337M using Tapatalk 2

Just had the Nitto Terra Grapplers put on a couple of days ago. Tested them out pretty good this weekend on logging roads and the highway. I like them so far. The new tow rig is awesome!

Sent from my SGH-I337M using Tapatalk 2

Picts John???

Cheers

SS

Stay away from bfg tires. I used to run them but will never use again. Bought s brand new set of them Orland they lasted 32000km. I now run toyo m55. Awesome tire.

I had Nitto Terra Grapplers on my last truck also... really liked them... engineered to be fairly quiet for an aggressive tread,

My last set of BFG at's will be just that, the last set. Ran bfg's for 20 years but with the soft compound they wear super quick. Running Mickey Thompson baja atz's now, so far so good but time will tell. Have buddies with the duratracs and they like them.

Picts John???

Cheers

SS

Here ya go Ken :).

New to me 2011 F250 6.2 gasser.

285 70R17 Nitto Terra Grapplers. Nice and dirty like they should be :cool:.

It tows the boat like a dream. The hump and the Tofino Highway were a breeze. The 6 speed tranny is a huge improvement with Ford. Had to make a run into Ukee for lumber and took the back roads. I will have to wait and see what they are like in the snow and mud. Big step up from my '96 F250 lol.

Sorry for the minor hijack Tips Up.

Cheers,
John

Last edited by a moderator:
Nitto and Toyo are essentially the same tires, made by the same company. Nitto is the entry level tire for Toyo

Go with the TOYO OPEN COUNTRY AT 2

Look at the Nittos on the Ford and these bellow, virtually identical

Toyo M55 are nice, hard tire, durable on dirt roads but they humm on the hwy and are essentially the same as the Nitto tire thats on your truck now Tips Up

Attachments

• toyo-opencountry-closeup.jpg
    toyo-opencountry-closeup.jpg
    44.3 KB · Views: 433
Last edited by a moderator:
Another vote against BFG, my new KM2 Muds are like slicks. After 25 years with BFG no more, klooking at others now. Good info from this thread.

HM

little late to the thread but I have been happy with Goodyear Wrangler Silent Armour 10 plys on my truck. Very good wear if you rotate them regularly. Also very good in the snow and are winter rated (snowflake designation). If you wait for the fall they usuallyo on sale at Fountain Tire buy 3 and get 4.

Back