Truck tire info on road off road.

Duratrac's don't wear great, but they are the best in the snow hands down, unless you look at a dedicated snow tire.

I recently took off my studded snows in favour of duratracs so I don't have to keep changing tires twice a year. The duratracs are almost as good as the studs.

They were good this fall on the back roads hunting too.

Downside, a bit noisy and lost a couple mpg, but that will happen when you go from a road tire to any off road tire.

BFG KO 2's get my vote, just turfed the stock tires that came on my Ram 2500 after 50k, The KO 2's performed great in the snow and I was confident over the Malahat and the Hump when we went to Port Alberni for Christmas. Thye have great sidewall protection, which I like as I'm parallel parking my cargo trailer in Oak Bay/Fairfeild fairly frequently. And find myself driving onto and over curbs to fit the rig in.
Cheers

We chain the front end sometimes hunting, use the Michelin 12 ply. They change the name every few years. Ran the Toyo x55 for few years. To soft would burn off to fast 80000k. The Michelins would go for an extra year. The draw back was the loss of cushion the 8ply will give. Running the 12 ply will increase the ball joint replacements and make your front end fall apart if running the dirt road alot. But..... Never had a flat tire.

Toyo M55's for me for summer use, never had a flat on logging roads, for winter use I run Toyo Open Country WLT1, great tires on snow and ice.

Back