Truck Advice

i drive a 2013 gmc at work, very nice ride almost car like, n great gas mileage.., but for the money if i was buying new i would go with a dodge 1500 HEMI 390 HP and the Hemi is rated one of the 10 best gasoline engines ever made... Chevy cant say that. and the price difference is quite a bit.

I went to local dealer here and talked to their sale department well they were working on my truck AGAIN..... GM has not gone over 2.9% in the last year. Who ever told you 8% was messing with you. They said the rate will drop again as it does every year. Them new trucks sure are nice.

Whats been wrong with your truck

i drive a 2013 gmc at work, very nice ride almost car like, n great gas mileage.., but for the money if i was buying new i would go with a dodge 1500 HEMI 390 HP and the Hemi is rated one of the 10 best gasoline engines ever made... Chevy cant say that. and the price difference is quite a bit.

Gas mileage was the first thing that impressed me with the 09 Silverado, trip to the Coast from Kelowna this past weekend and it sips gas. As long as you keep it under 4000 rpms. I feel like I'm driving a car compared to the Ford. Steering is so tight. Turning radius was not as good as the Ford though.

What about Dodge transmissions, are they better than the Chev?

I've owned 3 dodge trucks. Each one needed a new tranny before 150,000km. Never Again

i bought a dodge 06, new and purposely got it with a stick because of tranny issues, the newer trucks,, 09 and up have good auto tranny's now. i got one now and no trubbs and buddys with same have power adders and pull heavy with no problems.. pre 08 dodge autos were junk. they got it right now...

i bought a dodge 06, new and purposely got it with a stick because of tranny issues, the newer trucks,, 09 and up have good auto tranny's now. i got one now and no trubbs and buddys with same have power adders and pull heavy with no problems.. pre 08 dodge autos were junk. they got it right now...

Trucks have been around for a while now. What took them so long?:p:confused::rolleyes:.

but were they dakota's or full size dodge trucks?, mine is an 04 hemi half ton and it has been flawless towing up to 5000 lbs
Two Rams one was a diesel one ton and the other was a half ton on gas. Then there was my V8 Dakota quad cab which not only my tranny went.....computer, ignition, lights, power windows, water leaks to start.

Gas mileage was the first thing that impressed me with the 09 Silverado, trip to the Coast from Kelowna this past weekend and it sips gas. As long as you keep it under 4000 rpms. I feel like I'm driving a car compared to the Ford. Steering is so tight. Turning radius was not as good as the Ford though.

What was your mileage? Just curious as I was going to buy the same year truck in gas but went with diesel instead.

Two Rams one was a diesel one ton and the other was a half ton on gas. Then there was my V8 Dakota quad cab which not only my tranny went.....computer, ignition, lights, power windows, water leaks to start.

you can find a lemon in any make i guess, funny i have never had a problem with the tranny in my 04 half ton after reading about so many problems on here, dodge also has a pentastar v6 in the 1500 now which would be a good option, sounds like BGM found a pretty decent Chev, sorry you had so many problems with your Dodge..:p

Maybe its the driver??? lol i know my brother, anything he drives tranny goes. rottenecard_15646716_chmhmwzyk2.jpg

you can find a lemon in any make i guess, funny i have never had a problem with the tranny in my 04 half ton after reading about so many problems on here, dodge also has a pentastar v6 in the 1500 now which would be a good option, sounds like BGM found a pretty decent Chev, sorry you had so many problems with your Dodge..:p

Yep we got all dodges in our family and no tranny troubles except my brother in anything he drives, dodge diesel, durango, chevy work trucks, and now dodge work truck (so far so good no tranny troubles yet but a transfer case). And we do some pretty good towing with ours!!

Back