Trip for 2 to Langara Fishing Lodge . . .

Honkeydory

Save 30% or more . .

I have a 4/5 day certificate for an all-inclusive trip for 2 to the world famous Langara Fishing Lodge.

2011 eligible dates: Sept 3-6; Sept 6-10; Sept 10-13

2012 eligible dates: May 22-26; May 29-Jun 2; June 2-5; Jun 12-16; Jun 16-19; Sept 1-4; Sept 4-8; Sep 8-11.

The 5 day package is sold through Langara.com for $9485 plus $1138 HST, and the 4 day package is $8685 + $1042 HST.

Vancouver Airport Improvement Fee's are not included.

http://langara.com/our-lodges/langara-fishing-lodge/rates-packages

$6000 . . . OBO

250-478-0688.

Al

Sold

Last edited by a moderator:
That would be fun...

Looks like it goes for $9500.00+ from the post. that's alot of coin, but from what I've seen on T.V. and read on the web, it's a great lodge with some extraordinary fishing.
I see the original question has been changed, so now my answer makes no sense!

also what are AIF's?, also may i ask why you are selling this?.....holmes*

Airport Improvement Fees!
Another cash grab, most every International Airport in Canada is charging it, must not get enough $$$$ from the Airline Co.s

Have fished every inlet up to Alaska during the past 40 years. I won this prize at the JDF Derby, and would rather fish in Sooke . .

most of those dates are only 4 days:confused:...so what the deal with that?
Those are the dates they discount/give away-short trips and usually big roaring tides the whole lodge business is like that.

LFL's an ok lodge but not all that special the facilities are used hard and the boats have no downriggers so it's a slow old fashioned way to fish-consider carefully.

Ouch Thats gonna leave a mark!

No scam Pips . . Too bad you live such a sheltered life !!!!

Ya.....I live a sheltered life. :rolleyes: (that smiley means I am rolling my eyes in a somewhat sarcastic fashion)

How many smiley's do I need to put at the end of a statement to imply I was "kidding". ;) (the winking smiley implies a tinge of humour and as the smiley is "smiling" you may note that it was also meant to be somewhat lighthearted)

And sorry....who is living the sheltered life??? :rolleyes: (again...this smiley means sarcasm and somewhat "tongue in cheek")

Best of luck in the waters off Sooke. (that was just meant as a "well wishing" in reference to the upcoming fishing season)

Maybe you will read back to your statement of preferring the waters of Sooke to the Charlottes.....I made a tinge of fun at that and I SINCERELY apologize. Stop....take a breath.....find a sense of humour and then get back to selling your package.
sFi_boxingmatch.gif

No scam Pips . . Too bad you live such a sheltered life !!!!

Well ya, of course he was joking!

I didn’t want to rain on anyone’s parade here, but you need to look at the sheltered life comment? For example, all one has to do is just mention BC Wildlife Federation and this is what you will see happen: “Save 20% on any Oak Bay Marine Group resort package plus we'll donate 5% of every package sold to the BC Wildlife Federation.” Doesn't that equate to a total 30% off “Published Rates.”

Then, if you really want to look a little deeper, you will find if you are associated with any organization that is willing to make a phone call or even send an email… you will find it is very easy to get discounts off those “Published Rates” up to 35%. OBMG has given many 35% discounts off their 2011 “Published Rates”, including taxes and Airport Fees. That makes the going rate about $2,871.70 USD per person – and that is IN JULY, A PRIME MONTH. For a total of $5,743.40USD. Now how much is those shoulder months of May and/or September really worth? Dogbreath is 100% correct!

I personally wouldn’t be looking at anywhere near that $7,500 figure, you must be leading a sheldered life? ;)

I really have to agree with this comment though:
”Have fished every inlet up to Alaska during the past 40 years…” “ …and would rather fish in Sooke. ..
Yep, I agree before I was to shell out that kind of money in months of May or September, you bet you will see me fishing at "Sooke"!

Ya.....I live a sheltered life. :rolleyes: (that smiley means I am rolling my eyes in a somewhat sarcastic fashion)

How many smiley's do I need to put at the end of a statement to imply I was "kidding". ;) (the winking smiley implies a tinge of humour and as the smiley is "smiling" you may note that it was also meant to be somewhat lighthearted)

And sorry....who is living the sheltered life??? :rolleyes: (again...this smiley means sarcasm and somewhat "tongue in cheek")

Best of luck in the waters off Sooke. (that was just meant as a "well wishing" in reference to the upcoming fishing season)

Maybe you will read back to your statement of preferring the waters of Sooke to the Charlottes.....I made a tinge of fun at that and I SINCERELY apologize. Stop....take a breath.....find a sense of humour and then get back to selling your package.
sFi_boxingmatch.gif

My bad . . . Pip's

Just want to get rid of this package so that I could get back to Cuba this fall for more Cohibas. Like I said, I would rather fish Sooke/Otter Point rather than going up to QCI's. I do Cuba 2-3 times a year, and am going back this Nov. for two more weeks, so the extra cash will help.

I won this trip 2 years ago in the JDF Derby. After talking to a bunch of guys I chose to go the following year in the 3rd week of June as opposed to the Sept. time slots as the fishing for springs up there is better in June.

Langara Fishing Lodge (LFL) is a first class resort and the fishing was some of the best I have ever experienced anywhere! You are treated like kings, with all the best equipment and service - it is a fisherman's heaven IMHO. LFL is a much better experience than the OBMG, and that's what the guys who where staying at OBMG said! Example, OBMG has set meal times so you have to plan your fishing around them. LFL provides food around the clock to suit the fishing and the fisherman. LFL also has much nicer welded aluminum, center console, fishing boats to use, instead of those weird looking yellow, alumimum, open boats OBMG uses. So IMO who cares if OBMG is cheaper, LFL is worth the extra cost IMO.

True it is a lot of $ and the times are not prime (since the resort donates the prize to the derby every year they don't let it occur in the prime fishing season i.e. July-Aug.). Still, if you got the dough it is well worth the time even in June or Sept. IMO. That's my 2 bits.

Back