Trim Tab Indicators?

AlK

I have Bennett Trim Tabs on my 21' Boston Whaler Conquest. It has the basic control's for up and down, but does not display the position of the trim tabs. Bennett makes a trim tab indicator (TPI 2000) at a cost of around $200. The installation is a simple job which I would do my-self. Trim tabs are a new thing for me. Are the trim indicators worth the expense?

For me they don't, I don't care what the indicators say, I go by what the boat is doing or what I want the boat to do. They do have a switch (that I don't have) that raises them to the up position when the key is turned off. Really great if you forget to raise them and then load your boat onto the trailer that has bunks which can be a very expensive "ouch"

you can always just put them all the way up and adjust as needed. The thing is regardless of what the indicator says you'll still be adjusting them by feel as its all about how the boat is riding now what the indicator says. Is it better with an indicator? Sure but its up to you if its worth $200.

I dont think its essential. Trim tabs are more feel than position. There are so many variables that influence where you position each tab its infinite. I dont think a light on an indicator switch will do much for you other than tell u starting position.

Ditto seat of the pants and ride!

I dont think its essential. Trim tabs are more feel than position. There are so many variables that influence where you position each tab its infinite. I dont think a light on an indicator switch will do much for you other than tell u starting position.

When I first bought my current boat, indicators were at the top of my list because I am constantly on the tabs to get the ride where I want it. After a couple of seasons I have completely forgot about indicators and see no need for them other than at the ramp.

Back