Treadeau approves pipeline any doubt ever?

Any effects from it in the last 63 years?
I'm in industry and am all for it ..... just wish they could have moved it a little further away from my neighbourhood which would have put it in an industrial area !! they are meeting the requirements of the distance from property line.... but if they put it on the north side of the train tracks it would save the very small green belt with pathway to walk dogs etc ... looking on the website to see the plans I cant really see if it is on the north or south side of the tracks

Last edited:
I'm in industry and am all for it ..... just wish they could have moved it a little further away from my neighbourhood which would have put it in an industrial area !!

Fair enough, wasn't sure where you were coming from. Hopefully they bore under your yard or pay you enough to make it better if it's that close! Is the existing right of way accessible or fenced off? I bet if there's an existing green space the only difference when they're done is signs.

Last edited:
nah was thinking of maybe going and getting my pwp ticket and maybe get a job..... atleast I can go home for lunch or a quickie

And this folks is how you do it, prepare for the opportunity then spend the money earned in the local economy and spread the benefits around. Don't sit around feeling sorry for yourself and getting passed over because of insufficient skills.

I do, who could forget it. My question was directed to him about his back yard. I remember that had nothing to do with KM or the pipeline but a construction crew that didn't follow the rules. I hope they paid for the cleanup and were handed stiff fines. The age is another good reason to move some dirt and put some new pipe in the ground.

How do you feel about the pipeline that runs through dense neighbourhoods to supply yvr right on the water?

The thing that is ironic is 99.99% of those who ***** about the pipelines and don't want it in their backyard......all rely on the product the pipeline pushes. Northern BC doesn't want it, Southern BC doesn't want it, North Dakota doesn't want it, Great Lakes States don't want it, Keystone states/provinces don't want it......yet EVERYONE needs what is in the pipe.

Last edited:
candle made in China with oil from the tarsands.

"Bitumen sells at a substantial discount because its heavy, highly viscous nature, and high sulphur content make it more costly to refine," explained Hughes in the report.

"This reality will not change even if large volumes reach tidewater for export, as the difference in price that existed over the past few years between the inter- national benchmark -- Brent Crude -- and North America's benchmark -- West Texas Intermediate (WTI) -- which did provide a premium for tidewater access over the past few years, has now been reduced to almost nothing."

"The assertion by politicians that tidewater access enabling overseas exports will somehow confer a significant price premium for Canadian oil is therefore not supported by the facts," noted the report.
NOT SO SURE ABOUT THE NEED FOR THIS PIPELINE.

Thanks for the link Pippen. Interesting point of view but there is something that needs to be checked out with this statement from the author.....

It doesn’t mean the country’s commitments in Paris are now blown. No one knows that for sure. There are credible climate scientists who still believe it is possible but will take a lot of work. Yes, it will. And it could well mean there is anger and disappointment ahead for those now cheering the Kinder Morgan decision. That is the way it works.

I would be interest to know who these "climate scientist" are that say it's still possible as I sure have not heard that. What I do know are what Engineers are saying about meeting our commitments and still having an expanded oil industry. Here are some links that Engineers are telling use what we need to do to meet our targets. If we don't have a creditable plan then we are just setting ourselves up for failure and that would be a betrayal to the next generation. It seem to me that we will have trade offs for expanding the O&G industry with more aggressive reductions in other industries and every other citizen in Canada. That's where it's going to hurt........
Summary
https://www.cae-acg.ca/wp-content/uploads/2016/04/WEB-Trottier-Energy-Futures-Project-March31.pdf
Full Report
https://www.cae-acg.ca/wp-content/uploads/2013/04/3_TEFP_Final-Report_160425.pdf
About the folks that produced the report
https://www.cae-acg.ca/about-us/

Back