Trailer - Island to Lower Mainland

caspers post was bang on.. guys strap the trailer underneath when launching then drive across to meet another vehicle at the destination. works really good,, i would never cross the straight but for a quick crossing , why not!!

Try the Seaspan truck ferry. They might be hauling back an empty flatbed?

caspers post was bang on.. guys strap the trailer underneath when launching then drive across to meet another vehicle at the destination. works really good,, i would never cross the straight but for a quick crossing , why not!!

Still dont buy it. and cannot believe that this is done all the time and have never
seen or heard of anyone here doing it.

once u add all the extra gear .weight.
wear and tear....repacking bearings
then having to rewire after u scrape all
that brown gunk off the bunks.....

Ya sounds completely reasonable to me

What casper posted was a unique solution
where opptions were few to nil.

Last edited:
Bragg, what size trailer are you looking to buy? My neighbor has a good trailer sitting in his backyard not doing much as his son's boat is now moored in the water. He asked me to help him sell it. Let me know if you are interested. Why cross the straight if you don't have to. I believe it is a 23' trailer that used to have trophy on it.
How much?

ask someone on the Island to hitch up the trailer for you on their vehicle [whos coming over to Van anyway] with an offer to pay them the extra length charges for the one way trip on ferry plus a couple cases of beer. .....There, saved you some money. If no takers, just don't buy a trailer on the Island.
One of the best threads going...love the videos. We are heading over early from Nanaimo next Friday (28th - 6:30 am ferry) and heading to Chilliwack. Don't really have time to mess around in the am but if this might help, let me know.

Still dont buy it. and cannot believe that this is done all the time and have never
seen or heard of anyone here doing it.

once u add all the extra gear .weight.
wear and tear....repacking bearings
then having to rewire after u scrape all
that brown gunk off the bunks.....

Ya sounds completely reasonable to me

What casper posted was a unique solution
where opptions were few to nil.

Seen it done on Keits Island. People do it

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="
" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="
" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

LOL!!!!

I knew when I saw the boats it was either Oz or NZ, though you'll never see the Aussies come up with a hair brained scheme like that.

Just pissed myself laughing.

Back