Trailer brake parts

Tightlines22

One of my brakes were hanging up so I took off the drum. Nothing left of shoes except a pile of crumbles. 637956F8-431F-4B1E-A79C-CE5B5C0CEBD4.jpeg

I usually order my brake parts from e-trailer at great prices delivered free to Wa state. Now of course that’s not to gonna work. So wondering where you guys (and gals) have been buying your brake pads.

One of my brakes were hanging up so I took off the drum. Nothing left of shoes except a pile of crumbles. View attachment 58691

I usually order my brake parts from e-trailer at great prices delivered free to Wa state. Now of course that’s not to gonna work. So wondering where you guys (and gals) have been buying your brake pads.
Just did brakes. 6 assemblies from Amazon. Prices were as good or better than any other online supplier.

I have been buying them from Princess Auto on line they have free delivery if you spend $50 I think

Thanks. I’ve found some on there as well as CERKA. $171 all in for two shoe assemblies. Not bad just way more than typical car brake shoes! Will check Lordco and other shops as well.

Make sure they are riveted shoes. The bonded ones fall apart much faster. Last set I ordered from Etrailer and had them brought into Canada by Sea Wings.

W
Make sure they are riveted shoes. The bonded ones fall apart much faster. Last set I ordered from Etrailer and had them brought into Canada by Sea Wings.

Wish you would have posted that two years ago.

I'm planning on doing a whole system replacement I have drum now going to electric over hydraulic. Buying from e-trailer they have a whole kit. Done with drums. Bought the rig used in 2015, the set that was on it literally seized and blew apart in my driveway on takeoff. bought new assemblies they lasted 1.5 years feel apart ( even though I installed flushing system with salt away), bought new assemblies again this time went higher quality and ditched the free backing setup because it's stupid for salt water it lasts 10 minutes. I put a reverse solenoid on instead. Those shoes lasted another 1.5 years and feel apart so I bought just shoes off Amazon and now the system packed it in again (lines corroded and drums worn out. So I've decided enough is enough and getting something that will give me reliability and a satisfying driving experience. Anyone who has driven to Renfrew with surge brakes will know what I mean. Those drum trailers plow through brakes, even though I diligently flush at the marina right after extraction everytime.

So if ordering from E-trailer will you just bite the shipping costs? I always had shipped free to Point Roberts ore Covid.

I switched my surge disks to electric over hydraulic last year and its a huge improvement. Got all the trailer components from e-trailer and they were awesome...quick and good follow up afterwards to make sure you were happy. Got my cab controller from a Canadian online site and don't m who that was. Just shopped around for good price on the one I wanted. Nice thing about the setup is being able to manually apply the brakes after a rinse to dry them off quickly. Not being put away wet so to speak. Also being able to adjust sensitivity for a loaded or empty trailer.

Back