Traeger bacon

Califbill

Precook some some bacon for the weekend. Wife does not like the all day smell of bacon cooked in the house. Normally I fry it on the side burner of outside. Thought smoked bacon on the treager would be good. Got recipe when looking up temperatures. Coated bacon with artificial maple syrup and sprinkled brown sugar over all. Does not look as nice as some bacon, but fantastic flavor. Cooked at 275 on foil.
before cooking

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    91.8 KB · Views: 230
Aww-- bacon!!!! Back in the day when we hunted swamp donkeys off the Alaska Highway, I can still remember the smell of canned Tulip bacon sizzling over the campfire. Damn-- that stuff was good and a great addition to the camp kitchen until we nailed a swamp donkey and roasted his ribs over an open fire. ( the moose was properly toasted with a shot of Jägermeister of course-- we weren't savages you know!!! LOL!)

Next time Calibill , dont cheap out-- Get some REAL Canadian Maple Syrup. Its worth the extra cost! !!!!!!!

Tulip canned bacon!...I haven't heard that name in a while...reminds me of camping trips with Gramps :)

...even Aunt Jemima has a little real maple in her syrup ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
I do have real maple for the table. But I am cheap, and tossing it on bacon on the Q is not thrifty. ;)

Back in 1968 returning from Ohio to California and a company school via the Canada 1, we bought some maple creme. I think near Winnipeg. Best stuff I think we ever consumed maple wise. Have bought other maple creme since, but none came up to that jar. May have been at the Hudson Bay company store.

Last edited by a moderator:
...speaking of fond bacon memories...does anyone remember James Inglis Reid Butcher Shop on Granville...it was like going to Bacon Mecca :)

We have a PETA and vegan nightmare in Oroville, CA. Huge market, 1/2 is meat market, make their own sausage. Great sausage. Behind the store is a good gunshop and gunsmith.

Back