Top 3 go to Beers?

Blue Buck
Bottle Rocket - both Phillips
and just for those scorching hot days of summer, an ice cold, coldest beer out there, Coors light. :( ....gotta stay hydrated some days too.

coulrophobia-ira, Phillips India Red Ale, Vancouver Island
McEwans, Scottish Dark Ale
Hermanator,Van Isle Brewery, Vancouver Island

+ any of the spinnakers single beers....

Per capita doesn't Cumberland still win the rights to that title?

Victoria has the worst as far as street people goes...Just saying... Years ago I wouldn't say it, but its a real problem. I feel safer walking in Duncan at night than there especially towards Johnson street bridge area. Its actually sad how gross its gotten.

Cooper's Stout, Cooper's IPA, Guiness when I'm out because Kilkenny is rare.

X2 on the Coopers Stout. 2nd choice for me is Coopers Dark Ale. Just put up a batch of the Cooper's Lager so I can compare to Lucky. Good on ya for brewing your own BU. I'll have to try the IPA some day soon. Maybe when the weather get warmer.
I would give a 3rd choice to that Rolling Rock but it's hard to find in these parts.

Learning a lot about Lucky Beer that maybe I wish I didn't know considering I may have been forced to drink a few...I had heard it described as the "champagne of the Cumberland valley." Does that make it a "utility beer?"

And changing topics, my latest new fav is Sleeman's Original Draft...almost as yummy as MGD.

Also something worth a try in super hot weather is a "beer-ga-rita" Simply mix a beer with margarita mix (80/20 proportions) with lots of ice. Very thirst quenching.

Lucky's no better or worse than Blue, Kokanee, Genuine draft or any of the many mass produced crap beers. They do have a place on a hot summers day, at least the first couple of swigs from a cold can.

myth about lucky and the origins... its a fine brew that has withstood the test of time! :)

my hockey team is sponsored by Lighthouse Brewing in Victoria - love their lighthouse lager or the race rocks ale - true fishing ale!

I don't drink beer a lot.

I was younger favrote to drin is Labatt Extra Dry. They dont sell Extra Dry to West coast!

2 Carlsberg

3 Black Ice

Like this one?
Yup, in chilled sleeve and a slice of the prefect orange..... If there was any beer I truly missed that would be it.

Looks like your visiting my folks, but there's no golf course in the photo. Right down to the lemon tree that looks familiar.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back