Tofino Offshore advice

JuBy

Planning to go out with my friends from the 10-13th of August on their 23 ft grady white all of us do not know the Tofino area that well and since inside is closed I was looking for some advice on banks or points of interest to wash some lures. Hopefully the weather calms down by then as I do not want to be fishing in 20 plust knots.

Cheers,

Juby

Planning to go out with my friends from the 10-13th of August on their 23 ft grady white all of us do not know the Tofino area that well and since inside is closed I was looking for some advice on banks or points of interest to wash some lures. Hopefully the weather calms down by then as I do not want to be fishing in 20 plust knots.

Cheers,

Juby
Book a guide for your first trip

Wilf rock and father Charles channel will be open this for you to fish if you can't handle the open water. Offshore regs in effect there....hatchery clipped cohos only

Wilf rock and father Charles channel will be open this for you to fish if you can't handle the open water. Offshore regs in effect there....hatchery clipped cohos only

Nice to see Wilf and Tree open again in August.
Its been a long time.
Gives people with smaller boats a place to fish without pushing them out of their comfort zone.
I wonder if you will see the hordes at Wilf like the old days?

I have been fishing WCVI since the late 70's. August is called Foggust for good reason. There are fewer storms, but there are thermally generated winds that can get up there after noon.

There are some good contours at 150 - 180 ft deep about 5 miles offshore Portland Point. If it is producing you will see other boats there.

Back