This is not good for the west coast fihsing holy shiat !!!!!!!!!

Do you even know what it means? If you do explain it in Plain English for us. I saw nothing that effects sooke/Victoria looks to me like they are trying to protect some big fish. I've seen you post a few times about the lack of big fish this year so shouldn't they be protected? We could just catch them all I guess but don't complain next cycle when there are no big ones again.

No it doesnt effect sooke but it effects alot of my buddies, no need to explin if you cant figure it out in the whole big picture of it....

This doesn't seem too bad for where I fish. Would be interested to know if it is any different than last year.
We occasionally fish Tsusiat Falls (North of Charmanah)for those Nitnat fish and that area is still open for 2 big Springs cause we don't fish the mouth of the lake. (closure begins 1 mile south)
Area 121 Offshore (swiftsure) remains unchanged.
Area 123 may effect the guys who fish offshore out of Tofino and Ucluelet...I don't fish there and am only guessing.
The other areas further north have had all sorts of regional regulations. You really have to be there or talk to one of the lodges or guides who fish there.
In short, I don't think it effects any of the guys who fish the South Island waters.
That's my take on it, but certainly will watch for more info and clarification.

Nothing new. Those regs have been in effect for a few years now

Roy, those areas have had a 1 mile beach corridor for years now. It was started to protect a struggling return to the Robertson Hatchery. Unwise net openings ion the inlet have stalled a return to healthy numbers and elimination of the corridor.

It was started to protect a struggling return to the Robertson Hatchery. Unwise net openings ion the inlet have stalled a return to healthy numbers and elimination of the corridor.

cause and effect In a nut shell.

Well Maybe im wrong but ive never sen that in area 121 before???

Roy, those areas have had a 1 mile beach corridor for years now. It was started to protect a struggling return to the Robertson Hatchery. Unwise net openings ion the inlet have stalled a return to healthy numbers and elimination of the corridor.

Yup, gotta save them on the outside - certainly wouldn't want the net poundage (pun most definitely intended) to go lacking after all... :eek:

Nog

The creel survey guy has been asking people the last two summers how many springs they have over 77cm and how many under.it seems to me everything we say to them gets used against us.

Back