Thinking about selling my Hourston

Beauty package. I’d be tempted to sell mine and buy yours at the numbers being thrown around both of speed and price. I just sent it to a friend, might be a little small for his family of 5 but pretty close.

Head and how it is setup?Standup vs vberth, macerator/holding tank/y valve?

Electric over hydraulic disk or drum brakes on the trailer? Flushing kit? How old are the tires and what size?

Looks the 2006 hourston is still for sale for 99k but it’s a different boat flybridge/diesel the 23 coast guard diesel one sold quickly.

Where are you located? Vancouver is likely the best market for it.

I think how you sell a boat makes so much of a difference. That video of the Tolly craft was a good example, get all the crap off and make it as perfect as possible and lots of information. It also needs to be staged, put it in front of a nice house/driveway without my white trash junk around it when taking pictures on the trailer (I told my buddy this and he has only had a few guides come look at his boat). On the water and also in the driveway take pictures on a nice bright evening, choose a launch with a nice clean dock. Remember you are selling it to the hard core fisherman and her husband! Got to sell the other half I have found.

I’d try at a high price, for two weeks. Then take it down and relist lower 3-4 weeks later. It will be interesting to see what new boat prices come in at after the boat show this coming spring, seems like some unsold inventory. That’s when I would list Jan/Feb.

Love the Lowrance setup, just the NMEA network, or Ethernet with a hub as well? Easy to add autopilot with what you have done so far.

Couldn’t quote you on a price because, I would need detailed pictures or to do a walk around and look at batteries/helm. I’m biased and want two guys I know to buy it so I can fish on it.

Located in Nanaimo. Trailer has strait electric brakes on all 6 hubs. Newer rubber and a brand new spare. Porta potty has water tank and 19L holding tank. Stand up head. Boat has a fresh water tank not sure of size and sink drains overboard.

Lowrance systems communicate between nema system only and share a transducer.

Heading to Edmonton for my moms 70th this weekend then I’ll get around to cleaning it out and freshening up a few things before I make an add.

Last edited:
Man,, I wouldn’t sell the boat, that there is a beauty.

If its for the family then there is no greater thing to own than a boat for family time. When our boys were growing up and even now with there families some of our most memorable times together have been on the water in our boats.

I would seriously think about it before you do,, just my thoughts brother.

If its for the family then there is no greater thing to own than a boat for family time. When our boys were growing up and even now with there families some of our most memorable times together have been on the water in our boats.

X 2 on that, even if I do covet a 26'

I second it don't sell it. You don't see these boats very often in such good condition. You may regret it afterwards.

I was talking to my wife this evening about god knows whatever they talk about, and out of nowhere I burst into tears. She asked what was wrong and I said I miss having a boat. True story.

Don’t do it.
FFS just get yourself a 14’ tinny and catch a fish lol. You still got your rods and gear. You can catch fish on a $20 inflatable from Canadian tire

1976 so i would price at 30-40K if you want to move it quickly.
i think 18-20 foot is about perfect for BC. its large enough to do overnight trips and small enough to go anywhere even on small lakes which have 18 foot restrictions. can also cross vancouver to victoria safely.
multi day you need a 25+ footer with proper head/kitchen/bed. which requires a truck of some sort to pull it and is a giant pain to park/own.
i would normally tell you not to sell your boat but in this case if your family is not having fun with it .... i'm gonna say its kinda pointless to keep a boat that big. you need a boat small enough to putt around on your own. try a seaeagle 380. i have one and it will go where i need it to go with electric jet engine and sail kit. https://www.seaeagle.com/ExplorerKayaks/380x

I would pay a little more and keep it, i need a boat, havent had one for a couple weeks and and im jonesing more than when i went sober 41 years ago
There you go! That’s a beauty

I will give you 45K, you keep the trailer….

Gets you pretty close to 57k once you sell the trailer.

Back