Thieves in Metchosin

AlGee

Ah well, aside from the seemingly unjust early halibut closure, this season is not ending well for us. Somebody chopped the lock and got away with the kicker off my friend's boat. And the rub is, he had no insurance. He lives on Metchosin Rd. and it happened sometime over the last few days, either in broad daylight while he was at work, or in the wee hours, right out of his driveway. But nobody in the neighborhood seems to have noticed anything.

A 2005 Yamaha, 8HP 4 stroke worth about $2500 these days? He reported the theft and filed the serial number with the police over the phone. Thats about all you can do these days. So just a word of warning, be a little extra vigilant in the security area. Its a drag to have to unbolt and lug the 100 lb. kicker into the house after every trip but I guess its necessary these days.

He doesn't have house insurance?My pops got his motor stolen off his boat and his house insurance gave $2000 which is the max(Same as my policy),now this did not cover the cost off a new motor but he got a good used one the same year and model.Better than nothing I guess.

He doesn't have house insurance?My pops got his motor stolen off his boat and his house insurance gave $2000 which is the max(Same as my policy),now this did not cover the cost off a new motor but he got a good used one the same year and model.Better than nothing I guess.

I insured my boat for $460/year (not including the commercial rider). Every appendage has a value attached to it, with various deductibles if any part goes missing. The kicker has a $250 deductible.
Good piece of mind at a reasonable cost. Something to think about.

Chromatose Charters
www.viangling.com

Hey Cheech what company did you get boat insurance at?

I haven't been able to get it for less than $600.

Long live wild salmon!!!
><))))>

algee, check and see if the landlord has renters insurance (they should) - it should cover contents of the house (you may have to cheat and say it was in garage or something?) Anyhow, see what the deal is there. Not sure if the limits have changed, but on our house insurance, I got a brand new 4 stroke yammy for a stolen 88 merc 9.9...lol They covered 3k with a $300 deductible, I only had to shell out another couple 100.

Back