THESE ARE MARINE HARVEST’S OWN WORDS. Re: Fish Farms

Funny that despite these statement there is still investment in open pen salmon and many other species of aquaculture world wide. Investors/banks who lend money aren't lazy or stupid. The key word in all of this is MAY. This is the term we have been arguing about on this forum for years. This is nothing new IMO. Similar lists could be made from just about any other industry.

lol three different Fish farm threads today, I guess the SRKW campaign must be done for the summer on to the winter fish farm campaign

With all due respect Wildman Fish Farms killing wild Salmon is not a lol matter!!
What do you find so funny regarding all the bad news for Fish Farms?

lol three different Fish farm threads today, I guess the SRKW campaign must be done for the summer on to the winter fish farm campaign
Yup SRKW are gone to hibernation for the next 6 months, next spring they be starving AGAIN

investment = $ - as long as some investor can make money - I don't see where there is any concern for wild stocks, only making money (as you pointed-out BN). Which is why the regulators should not be the promoters of the industry - as in... Canada gee... really?

BTW "May" is not the word included in the disease transmission issue look at:
https://journals.plos.org/plosone/article/file?id=10.1371/journal.pone.0215478&type=printable

Ya well neither was the NW pacific either. Your eagerness to apply the worlds FF problems to bc is telling because that's ALL you got.

Pretty predictable.

Ya well neither was the NW pacific either. Your eagerness to apply the worlds FF problems to bc is telling because that's ALL you got..

Oh Really....
How are your Fish Farms doing with your serious Sea Lice problem?
War on the waters: salmon farms losing battle with sea lice as wild fish pay the price
After years of unsuccessful pesticide baths, the aquaculture industry admits to yet another failed attempt to bring an epidemic of lice under control in B.C.’s Clayoquot Sound — compounding threats to disappearing chinook populations

Sea lice for some reason like muddy bottoms, so the mouth of the Fraser tends to have a lot. As the Adams river sockeye stage out front a long time they get covered in sea lice.

The odd part is you can catch 8 inch chinook smolts in the same area and they have zero lice on them.

I honestly think sea lice are not a problem for chinook stocks for some reason, maybe their smell has something to do with it.

The fry covered in sea lice in the clayoquot pictures are chum salmon.

They would be better off stating that it’s going to cause a collapse in chum salmon. But they know the dogs won’t drum of the press like chinook or claims like all salmon will.

So why not post up what the chum salmon returns have been to the area and we can monitor them for the next few years and see.

If you are worried about chinook and fish farms I’d probably stick to the virus angle that seems to have a bit of merit. As I believe the PSF said that fish farms in some areas may have more then a minimal effect on wild migrating salmon. With respect to density, exposure tune ect...

Last edited:
The odd part is you can catch 8 inch chinook smolts in the same area and they have zero lice on them.
When is the last time you caught a Sea Lice free Chinook smolt and where did you catch it?
You seem convinced Fish Farms Sea Lice and Disease has no impact on Wild Salmon and support their existence and growth?
Even the Fish Farms have acknowledged their Sea Lice, Disease and virus's kill wild Salmon. Not one knows for sure how many they kill.
The big picture of Wild Salmon Chinook, Pink, Chum and Sockeye survival is complex with many influencing issues.
Fish Farms are one of them FOR SURE.

I’ve never said no impact

Fish farms are like seals for fishermen easy to point the finger at.

But from many of your posts, despite your great knowledge and research skills, you do support Fish Farms and defend them?

Well I think as fishermen who kill wild salmon we should be very careful about
Pointing the finger at other industry’s that kill wild salmon.

Oh Really....
How are your Fish Farms doing with your serious Sea Lice problem?
War on the waters: salmon farms losing battle with sea lice as wild fish pay the price
After years of unsuccessful pesticide baths, the aquaculture industry admits to yet another failed attempt to bring an epidemic of lice under control in B.C.’s Clayoquot Sound — compounding threats to disappearing chinook populations

LOL. MY Fish farms? I wish I owned a fish farm or had shares it that. That lice thing there isn't good however anyone remembers how activists behaved over the lice outbreaks on the inside of VI 8 or 10 years ago will recall the sky is falling prophecies with words extinction and devastation and in the end there was never any measurable effects to be shown for that event other than some yucky icky cherry picked pictures. hehe except for the pink population explosion afterwards. That was awkward.
And again we are seeing here claims of stock wipeouts.

Are you sure you want to stick you neck out like that? It's been done before and it did not go well for activist. But I can tell you're 100% confident!

Last edited:

YES YES YES AND YES. Ive been trying to say this on this forum ever since the SRKW thing started. But Im a shill and paid pendant with PR talking points....total bs, Im just a dude.

Understood....Glad we agree Fish Farms kill Wild Salmon!
How do you feel about all the regulations that we Sport Fishermen have had to endure this year in particular on Chinook Salmon fishing.

Understood....Glad we agree Fish Farms kill Wild Salmon!
How do you feel about all the regulations that we Sport Fishermen have had to endure this year in particular on Chinook Salmon fishing.

I don’t think removing fish farms is going to help upper Fraser chinook stocks. The restrictions were in place to pass Thoes stocks to the Fraser.

The later part of the restrictions were put into place so natives could harvest more chinook on the Fraser and according to their own reporting this year they was one of their best years for harvesting chinook in the lower Fraser.

I think if we want to be realistic about providing people the opportunity to eat fish than we need fish farms. That being said, the impacts need to be minimal on wild stocks. Land-based or some system of biological barrier. I actually think we need more fish farms, just on land with big investment and done correctly, safely and efficiently. This is an area where the government should be investing in. Subsidize some pilot projects get some interest going. We as a species have been pretty successful at farming a lot of other animals. With enough investment, I think we could do fish farming right.

Back