The Wall Of Death (apologies to NOG)

spring fever

Nothing to do while smoking Indian Candy-thought it would be fun to compare NOG's "Wall of Death" with everybody else's.
My plugs are kept in a separate little suitcase as they are" special" Too much stuff up there I know but when you need it-you need it now not 10 minutes from now. LOL

Attachments

• DSC01181.jpg
    DSC01181.jpg
    94.4 KB · Views: 1,222
No Apologies Required! ;)

Looking GOOD! :D

I keep my flashers in a flasher bag away from the rest. Only a couple of plugs at quick hand, but a LOT of spoons and some hootchies. Will take a picture for you this run and post when I get back the next time...

Cheers,
Nog

Hey! I like this post! I'll submit mine next time I'm back to the boat. ( altho techinically, my title should be 'counter of death' - ha )

I've had the pleasure of getting an up close look at Nog's "Wall of Death" and can testify that it certainly deserves the title ;)

Sent from my SGH-I747M using Tapatalk 2

The wall of "you better watch out or else"

Here is my "not quite the wall of death" :)

Attachments

• Lure table.jpg
    Lure table.jpg
    98.4 KB · Views: 698
O.K., O.K., so nobody asked to see my Wall of Death..... well, no wonder.....not much hanging there....

Kind of like walking into a tackle store in North Korea....only one lure for sale. It gets the job done, though.

Last edited by a moderator:
Sharphooks..

That looks like a whole herring rig with a skewer running through it mouth first. Is that whats going on there? Is the back hook a trailer?

Ya, back hook just twists in the breeze. The R.I. guides use skewers for plug-cut purple and black label for the Wannock slabs. I use them for the whole unit. Turns a flopper into a spinner when all else fails.

Don't want to hi-jack the W.O.D. thread, though. More pics!

Sharphooks.......do you fish that rig exactly the way it looks in the pic? Do you trim the skewer back? Does the front hook hold where it is without breaking out?

Skewer gets buried and trimmed, rear hook flaps in the breeze as noted (after going in behind starboard gill plate and then out behind port gill plate).

Front hook point gets planted (NOT buried) in port or starboard gill plate just behind eye socket. YouTube has some more elegant set-ups for whole herring --mine is quick and dirty (accent on quick)

Last edited by a moderator:
O.K., O.K., so nobody asked to see my Wall of Death..... well, no wonder.....not much hanging there....

Kind of like walking into a tackle store in North Korea....only one lure for sale. It gets the job done, though.

Great skewer technique I can see that rolling for a bite, great idea sharphook........will try that one day
One critique is I would place the leading hook closer to the nose of the bait, to get the full radius of the roll.........sorry for nit pick'n

Back