The real truth on SRKW

This is what's out there in the general public.

Media :The whales are starving

Public: What do they eat?

Media: Chinook Salmon

Public: why is their not enough salmon?

Media: overfishing!

Altho the general public seems to believe that we have some huge commercial fishing fleet making the Chinook salmon population crash. Thats not true ether

Last edited:
Yup, 15 people on national TV, getting their message to the people.

Pretend it doesn’t matter.

If it matters to you so much you would have been standing with all us from across the island in Port Alberni last night with DFO in the room on this very issue.

Mattered to me. Not 15 protesters with no clue what there message is. The little clip you posted went from save whales, to subsidize the fisherman when we close down fisheries, and then to close fish farming.

Last edited:
I think his point is that a handful of people could grab national attention and reach a huge audience with their message. Let’s not forget that most of that audience has no clue about the issues facing the SRKW, so are more than happy to accept a simple cause and solution. Was the Port Alberni meeting covered by the media?

I think his point is that a handful of people could grab national attention and reach a huge audience with their message. Let’s not forget that most of that audience has no clue about the issues facing the SRKW, so are more than happy to accept a simple cause and solution. Was the Port Alberni meeting covered by the media?

Yes and that is the point.

Further the DFO meeting was for them to provide input.
What was different than what we have?

Our input is via the site.

Do what you want guys. You worry way too much. There is a meeting tonight in Ucluelet please go if you can.
Where are these meetings being promulgated SV? I’m not trekking up to Ucluelet from North Saanich, but I’m interested in how wide the distribution is to capture those in the area? Is DFO publishing anything? Just curious as to how information of these meetings is getting out to the general public?

Where are these meetings being promulgated SV? I’m not trekking up to Ucluelet from North Saanich, but I’m interested in how wide the distribution is to capture those in the area? Is DFO publishing anything? Just curious as to how information of these meetings is getting out to the general public?

I am not sure what you are asking. Also I am wondering why it matters?

I am not sure what you are asking. Also I am wondering why it matters?
You are telling people they should attend meetings and stand with you, so I’m a little confused by your answer. If you read your posts above you say things such as “ if it matters so much to you, you would have been standing with all of us from across the Island in Port Alberni” in another you state “there’s a meeting in Ucluelet tonight, please go if you can”. I really am at a loss to figure out why you are confused by me asking how people find out about these meetings. Pretty hard to attend a meeting and “stand with all of us” when we don’t know where and when these meetings are being held.

You are telling people they should attend meetings and stand with you, so I’m a little confused by your answer. If you read your posts above you say things such as “ if it matters so much to you, you would have been standing with all of us from across the Island in Port Alberni” in another you state “there’s a meeting in Ucluelet tonight, please go if you can”. I really am at a loss to figure out why you are confused by me asking how people find out about these meetings. Pretty hard to attend a meeting and “stand with all of us” when we don’t know where and when these meetings are being held.

Sorry I am not playing games buddy. On a different topic was anyone at the Ucluelet meeting?

Yes I will have to contact my SFAB in my area.:rolleyes: Great advice.

It was sent to the chair of your SFAC on Sept 25th.

I guess he did not forward to you.

Heard it was a really good meeting with close to 100 people ..A very strong message was sent just as it was in Port alberni.. A really good cross section of representation and who will suffer from fishing restrictions..Excellent FN representation from there MLA... a threat of Law suite may have been dropped.....

Sorry I am not playing games buddy. On a different topic was anyone at the Ucluelet meeting?
Nor making much sense at this point. I asked a pretty simple question, but seem to have touched a nerve. Oh well, moving on!

try looking through these websites, Ziggy:
https://www.pac.dfo-mpo.gc.ca/consultation/smon/sfab-ccps/index-eng.html
The meeting dates are unfortunately not kept current - but the Area Coordinators contacts are listed there - and you can get ahold of them for info on meetings in your area there.

Heard it was a really good meeting with close to 100 people ..A very strong message was sent just as it was in Port alberni.. A really good cross section of representation and who will suffer from fishing restrictions..Excellent FN representation from there MLA... a threat of Law suite may have been dropped.....

That is awesome.

Back