Teaser heads

Theb55

Do any members drill extra holes in teaser heads in order to get a different roll? If so. What hole placement would do what?

Tried it a few times in sooke, did manage some fish . The next time we tried caught fish on the unaltered head.We put a few holes in the heads to get differn't rolls.

Disregard my post..I thought u meant drilling for the wire, I do not however drill to alter the roll.

Disregard my post..I thought u meant drilling for the wire, I do not however drill to alter the roll.

Has anyone heard of Bait Bones? They're stainless steel wires that snap right into the fwd toothpick hole of most teaser heads. They have 'em at Island Outfitters in Vic and at Harbour Chandler in Nanaimo. Very handy little devils ...control the roll.

Has anyone heard of Bait Bones? They're stainless steel wires that snap right into the fwd toothpick hole of most teaser heads. They have 'em at Island Outfitters in Vic and at Harbour Chandler in Nanaimo. Very handy little devils ...control the roll.

I'll be fishing with them in the morning...Will try and post pics..

Have altered rolls by drilling holes for years. Some rolls involve more than just drilling holes, especially with the original minnow teaser.

Yea, for years the teaser heads and my thumb had a lot in common.

I suspect bait bones and wire rigging of the head have a lot in common. The old Peetz wire line has come in useful over the years.

Both anchovie specials and the old minnow teasers roll to the right....what if some fish are left handed? *****hint*** LOL

That's where Super teasers came in:) Now must learn to cut strip. Believe it or not, I have a jig I bought years ago but never used it.

Back