Sunglasses -Costa Del Mar

I just ordered a pair of Oakley-Bottle Rockets. They are the Angler Edition and supposed to be designed for on the water. They seemd good in the store.....so we'll see. I'll post up a report after I spend a day on the water with them........:cool:

I have two pairs of Maui Jim's because I believe my eyes are worth it. Cheap sunglasses will cook your eyeballs....beware! I always have a lanyard on them when I'm on the water.

I own a pair of Killer Loops and love em. Just recently I was out in the boat and while checking the gear my shades fell
off the brim of my hat and "plunk" into the chuck. Fortunately I had a set of "Fishgills" lanyards from Cabelas online.The
cool thing about these is that they are bouyant and after a quick turn I just pucked them out of the water. Best $8.00
I ever spent!!

Kelly, at 8:18 pm tonight, Saturday, that site had your glasses on 40% off at 89 bucks. Not much good to you unless you check this post soon. Cheers

Sunglasses....I love having good ones, but the rule for me is the more expensive, the more certain to lose them or break them. Crappy Tire cheapies I can't get rid of. ;-)

Steep and Cheap...I have been on and off addicted to this site, along with Whiskey Militia. Great for surfing and outdoor stuff. I got a heavy discounted pair of Native Sunglasses on there, haven't lost them yet. Go to this site http://sacalerts.com/history.php and set keywords ... it'll email you or text you when a deal has come up with the keywords noted. The other thing ... if you miss the posting, you can buy it after at a set discount from the "Department of Goods" (parent site to steep and cheap). For example, Costa Del Mar glasses have been posted in last few days at 51-64% off, but you can buy them all after for a set 40% off.

Department of Goods is pretty crazy too ... here's their "70% off Gear" page, yikes http://www.departmentofgoods.com/sales/gear-at-least-70-off/4059/promo.html

(and much cheaper shipping if you are able to ship to Blaine or Pt Roberts and pick up....the Cdn shipping is pretty expensive)

Good luck!

steap and cheap, whiskey militia...whatever your kick there is an outdoor deal a day site and you said it juande....can get addictive if your not careful...didnt know about the department of goods end of it....I'm going to avoid that for now...still waiting for a deal a day fishing site!

I have 4 pairs of Maui Jim's. I never take them off when I'm on the water, three reasons: prevents a hook in the eye, which has protected me countless times, uv protection and polarization to see the fish in the river. IMO anyone who spends time on the water should buy expensive sunglasses like Maui's or oakleys and get a couple in different shades, that way you will wear them more often.

native eyewear right now on steepandcheap for 25 bucks

Chilirambo Australia

Quite outstanding post! I was looking forward this type of content. Here you gave some tips to fix our dwelling by which we can boost our dwelling value. Thanks for providing us such share...

I have Maui jims, Costas, and Natives, they are all good. Get a pair that fits right, BUT, make sure you get POLARIZED lenses, nothing else will stop burning your eyes.
Stosh

Last edited by a moderator:
I have keepers on my sunglasses so the same 2 pairs I am using are now about 15 years old. the frames are 'Mountaineering' style which stay put even in the sweaty sub tropics so I have zero issues with them. I recently replaced the lens in one pair with 'high contrast' which are totally amazing in terms of the detail they bring up. I used to have a bifocal ground in but the cost of that is way beyond reasonable. checking in a fishing tackle shop, I found some stick on magnifiers for about 20bucks. I trim them so they are at the very bottom of the lenses and out of the way unless you want to use them. they work great and you can simply remove them and move them at will. those have saved me a lot of money in the long run. the frames I have are made by 'BUCCI' I never set them down any place except at home. these frames have leather side shields to cut the glare, which are removable if you wish. my good friend fried his eyes from glare after years of fishing and had real vision problems after that. cover your eyes with the best stuff you can afford.

http://www.buccisunglasses.com/buy-now/search.php?subcategory=Glacier and Fishing Collection

Last edited by a moderator:
Costas are amazing sunglasses on the water. My cousin is a diehard surfer on the east coast, and swears by them. I feel the polarization is on par with Maui Jim's, and they are half the price. I agree with some of the other responses that many sunglasses such as ray bans are over priced, but in my opinion, Costas are one of the cases where you actually get a top functioning product.

Back