Heat Pump Questions

Pretty sure Fortis has tracking on daily use.
Thanks Aces,, I had to register for the online account. Had not done it before I guess. Can see the monthly tracking but not daily tracking. It might be there, just have to figure it out.
Thanks.

Just wanted to finish off this thread that I started and report that instead of a compressor replacement as I was planning to do, I went with a new unit installation. Installed the Samsung Hylex.

Being on a payment plan I've never looked at the bill in any detail and had not gone on the BCHydro website. After installing this unit I started to look at the BCHydro website and was impressed by the data you can find. Monthly bills as you would expect but all the past bills, monthly usage, daily usage and even hourly usage if you choose. If you follow your monthly bills, which I didn't, you can certainly narrow down the timeframe when you used the most electricity. I checked out last December/2022 as an example and found a few days when I had high usage and I knew that we weren't home and had the temperature set low in the house. I was able to pull up a graph for that month showing the average outside temperatures and it showed a drop in temperature to zero and below for those few days.

I was surprised and impressed to see that level of detail and didn't know it even existed. For those who like to track and analyze data, you can even export it into an excel spreadsheet.

Looked to see if the Gas company had this as well. Couldn't find anything like that. Maybe I didn't look in the right spot.

Thanks to all who provided their thoughts and insight to the thread, appreciated it.
Who installed it? Hope it lasts and keeps you comfy

Just wanted to finish off this thread that I started and report that instead of a compressor replacement as I was planning to do, I went with a new unit installation. Installed the Samsung Hylex.
I think you will be super happy with this unit.
The inverter drives are super quiet and operate down to -25c. When my old York unit dies, this is what I am going to go with.

You can get real time usage, detailed historical etc., for a low cost using a monitor. I have the previous rainforest model, but BC Hydro seems to have a new provider... If I recall it was about $100 for the hardware...

Back