Sturgeon fishing on the fraser river???

B

baz

hey everyone, ive been popping on an off this site for about a month now an eventuallly got the balls to write a post.
the wifes heading away with the kid for 3 weeks to visit fam, an im wanting to head to the mainland to do some fishing
anyonw got any great spots, id love to try sturgeon, but even some salmon fishing would be wonderful?
hope everyone had a great christmas/festivus and everyone has a prospurous new year

Howdy,

Welcome to the forum BAZ.

If you are from the Island, why waste your time going over to the mainland to catch fish? They all come here when they can.

Can't say much about sturgeon fishing other than you better check the regulations; I do know the big-ones (big as your boat) are said to be in decline and it turns out they don't know much about their life-cycle as they are a difficult animal to study.

When your wife and kid get back - take them fishing too.

If you are more specific about where you are going, maybe someone could help.

Cheers,
Terry

Sturgy fishing is spotty right now and well there's no salmon to speak of in the river, however, the steelies are in the Vedder in decent numbers. Hope this helps.

hey,
thanks for the reply,
The reason im going to vancouver is a mix between buissness and pleasure. I will be going to the bc expo food show and while im there i was going to try some different fishing.
One of my friends suggested sturgeon, for me i dont really mind what kind of fishing i do as long as im doing it.
im in victoria and fish the water front/sooke. if theres not much happening on the fraser river i just might jumo the ferry back and head up island to cambell river. i heard its great up there.
About the wife and kid and fishing, the wife hates engines and the kids one, and the boat i have now isnt exactly safe for a one year old to run about. other wise they would be right with me.
can anyone recomend great fishing between the 20th and the 10th
cheers
barry

Back