Sturgeon charter

barrie

Looking to book my FIRST EVER sturgeon charter for the fall. Thinking lower Fraser, want an experienced guide with GOOD equipment. What dates are best? Who do ya like?

Did my first charter for sturgeon last weekend in September. It was dynamite !! First day we had an 8'2" ,8'1", 7'2" and a handful of 4's and 5's. Was an awesome experience weather was fantastic. I had to drink through a straw that first night... Couldn't lift my arm!day 2 was more fish just not as big. STS charters outta mission was great, I would go again in a heartbeat with them.good luck you won't be disappointed!

I work for STS Guiding, we are going to see a great mid-sept, this year as we will get a ton of pink salmon in the system,its a great time to fish monster baits, like heads and 1/2 pink salmon.. it should fish well right through the end of october. give Vic a call at 604-671-3474 we all run top notch boats and great gear, and we fish full time, every day from april on pretty much we have 3-5 boats out a day.

I work for STS Guiding, we are going to see a great mid-sept, this year as we will get a ton of pink salmon in the system,its a great time to fish monster baits, like heads and 1/2 pink salmon.. it should fish well right through the end of october. give Vic a call at 604-671-3474 we all run top notch boats and great gear, and we fish full time, every day from april on pretty much we have 3-5 boats out a day.
You can use half a pink salmon as bait?

Jetboater,

Thanks for the info. I'm thinking 8 hour trip Or should I book 2 days? It's always a good sign when one of the guides post a reply. Please Send me a PM with your name so I know who to ask for when I call the office.

of course we always say 2 days but its what you can afford, the best way to ensure you get that big fish day is to do a couple days, we will catch fish but to break the 7 ft mark every day doesnt always happen, but you will catch a bunch of fish at the end of sept. even early sept is good when you transition to the pink bite. my name is Thomas, if you want to fish with me you have to request me and see what days I have left available, we deal with a bunch of our regulars in the fall who fish with us for many years. Any of our guides are top notch though so you will have a great trip.

Jetboater,

Thomas, I appreciate the follow up, not too concerned about getting that monster fish, just the experience of a different fishery is what it's all about for me!! After all it's fishing not catching!

in our world its catching, we average in peaks months a fish over 6 feet every day or multiples.just remember once you go you will be hooked for life.

Jetboater,

I'm looking forward it, heard the rumour that real men fish Sturgeon and the odd wanna-be like me fishes them too. Better not be too good OR I may have to sell the house and move on over! Lol!!

Barrie

Yup Big Bait = BIG STURG : ))

I Got the bug a few years back .... now my deep V hull has also became a sturg slayer ...... As said ... Do Sept or Oct. ya cant go wrong.

Holy crap, I fish BOTH Hali and prawns, and I also vacuum pack the catch! Who knew you liked them? I was going to mention that earlier but didn't want to seem like a BIG SHOT! The ones I catch are sooooooo expensive I can't afford to eat them! But I'm sure some could make its way over to the mainland.

I've gone out with STS and Lang's charters and both were fantastic experiences but STS had the better boats and if that's a big deal to you. Both guides knew their stuff inside and out and got us onto some serious fish

7deuce, thanks for that, when I had my charter boats I always felt it was important for the client to see the package was quality all the way around. Well kept and clean equipment speaks volumes to me.

Sturgeon Aug 16 2011 005.jpg Cant go wrong with Mark Laines of Cascade Charters, we got two, over 7 footers in one day and many smaller ones! Awesome guide. My arms were aching after that day.

The nice part is our boats are kept at the mission marina. We have exclusive rights to this marina. So when you show up we check you in and make sure your in the right boat with the right guide. We are located in the central location of all the good fishing so we can fish up river or down depending on where the bite is. I do recommend getting both licences fresh and salt.

Another vote for STS, great guides and first class boats.

Hey jetboater are you in an orange HCM? I rescued your bait cooler a few years ago in the Stave.

Sweet in the stave. I watched your anchor come off this fall on your run down the river. Ha. Thanks for that. I'm sure u thanked you that day. Yup that's my pretty orange boat. Or it was when I bought it.

Back