Stolen Trailer

esora

Great week camping at tent Island, good weather, only p..s off coming back to Crofton Launch to find Trailer for boat gone. Just a heads up in case somebody happens to hear anything (longshot but...)Trailer was a 2003 EZ Loader Excellent condition, barely used, White plastic fenders. I'm sure it would be gone but license# UCB 01A.

Thanks

Esora

I wish someone would steal my trailer I need a new one.

I always put a padlock on my safety chain and back it in against a tree or curb. If they realy want it, they'll get it, but I won't make it easy for them. That's the third trailer I've heard of stolen from the Crofton ramp in the last year.

Eyes are open Esora.
Just a PO that you can't even leave a boat trailer.
And even worse if, as Adrianne reports, that this is the third this year out of Crofton alone.
Never knew this was a problem.

To satisfy my curiosity esora, was it attached to your truck? And/or have the locks that insert through where the cotter pin goes on the trailer ball fastener?

My personal method, being the wary (paranoid) guy I am, is to use a locking pin through the trailer ball fastener, plus a locking pin to hold the hitch bar in the hitch receiver on the truck.

Originally I did it this way so I would not have to worry about a cotter pin or lynch pin breaking or getting lost. For the 30 or 40 dollar cost it seems like good added security.

Time
Just to clarify it was the Father in laws trailer, and it wasn't attatched to the truck. I usualy do back mine up to a tree or a fence, but he needed his truck. It is the first I heard about any more trailers missing. Thanks for keeping the eyes open, although I think it will be long gone now. Never know though

Esora

Back