Stolen trailer-schooner cove

Charter Tofino

Had the trailer in the lot at schooner cove for three days. Went to grab it today to find it was gone.... Choked to say the least. Would really appreciate it if some members could keep their eyes peeled. Trailer is for a 17ft. It is a Ez loader, with bunks and a swing tongue. License # ukb40r.
It has no spare and brand new very chrome safety chains and jack. Thanks

Just to add that schooner is located in nanoose just north of nanaimo.

Here is a pic I'll try to find more

trail.jpg

Try your house insurance, I know if mine is stolen it is covered but I am pretty sure its gotta be in my yard. Worth checkin though and yes that sucks when people steal stuff, just had my truck broke into!~

Yep,that sucks kelly...The only thing we hate more than fn slipper skippers are fn thieves:mad:...sammy

Bastards... I know a bunch of GPS's and boats were hit about 1 month ago in Parksville.... Maybe the police have some ideas..... i doubt it....
If you find them... show them your GAFF!!!!

I guess it could be worse if the boat was not in the water. At least we still were able to smoke some fish. Know a few RCMP members with boats in the marina so hopefully will be able to follow up if we can get any leads.

Not sure if it was locked, but i would always have some kind of system on the tongue.
anything that slows those bastards down is a detterent.

Not sure if it was locked, but i would always have some kind of system on the tongue.
anything that slows those bastards down is a detterent.

It was not locked as we were only leaving it three days and had never heard of anything stolen. Big mistake.......Wont happen again. Apparently the last 2 days the prisoners from the local prison were in the lot clearing out the broom. Seems like a pretty big coincidence.

That sucks kelly! Will keep an eye out for ya. I'm having a bit of late start this year, but have boat already now. I'll be keeping it at beachcomer for july mid aug." got a free slip" how has the fishing been?

Sorry to hear about the trailer Kelly. I know it sucks when your stuff gets stolen. It's happened to me more than once. Hopefully someone will spot it and you'll get it back. I'd start checking Craig's list too just in case they try to do a quick sale of it.

It was not locked as we were only leaving it three days and had never heard of anything stolen. Big mistake.......Wont happen again. Apparently the last 2 days the prisoners from the local prison were in the lot clearing out the broom. Seems like a pretty big coincidence.

Kelly

There was kicker stolen right off a boat last weekend and I lost 2 rods and reels earlier in the year. Obviously getting worse and worse around here.

Man, what a drag! Might be covered by home insurance, depending on the policy. I know my stuff is covered even if its off the property, provided it is normally stored on the property.

A little story on the subject: Way back in the early 1920's my great great uncle Bud, who was a kid then, had his bike stolen. A few weeks later he saw another boy riding it. He approached the boy and said the 1920's equivalent of "Cool bike! Can I take a look?" The kid obliged, and when Bud got his hands on the bike, he immediately removed the seat and pulled out a piece of paper with his name and address on it. Whether he popped the kid or not I don't know, but he did get his bike back. Moral of the story: make sure your stuff is identifiable.

Hey Kelly... that hurts man. I will be checking the ramps here in Union Bay as well as Kitty Coleman. Are there any identifying marks or info on the trailer? Nothings safe out there anymore Bud. Good Luck.;) eman

Back