Sticky Topics

Fish Assassin

Crew Member
Hey if we are considering joining areas.... maybe Sooke,Victoria and Renfrew should be one topic....Sorry but for some reason other areas are being joined as one that are further apart.

Sorry but I have to point this out.

If you are adding topis that easily why not ad Vancouver as well....FM would love it.

The time and effort donated by the moderators is considerable and greatly appreciated by most. They can use whatever means they want to place stickies: popularity of the area, home base with the most members, average weight of the area's female residents, fishers' mean dick length, etc.... Does it really matter? Anyone can post a report or start a new thread.
Read them all or don't read any. It's good to see My Escape back on here.

Totally agree with most of your post there tubber.;) I was quite pleased to see Kevin add the Kitty Coleman, Comox and Campbell River Thread, only to take it off as some complained they thought it was to broad an area. All these areas are fished regularly by both Comox Valley and Campbell river fishers and once the season got in full swing would have been very helpful for all. Just my.02. eman

The mods do a great job. It can't be easy. Thats not what this is about.

Look at these new sticky topics. Hardy to Winter Harbour? They are not even close to each other. If I am going to fish Hardy I want to know Hardy's reports not Winter Harbours. Just like Kitty. If I want to know about Kitty I don't want to read about Campbell River they are totally two different fisheries. But on the other hand if I want to know what is happening in Campbell River I would look for a thread on Campbell River.

I have an idea lets start a new thread titled Vancouver Island.....LOL

assassin......I understand what you're saying but there would be 20+ sticky's at the top of the page. :eek:

Winter Harbour,Hardy, McNeil, Telegraph, Campbell River, Comox, Kitty, Nanaimo, Sooke, Victoria, Renfrew, Bamfield, Ukie, Tofino, Nootka, Esperanza, Kyuquot, Sunshine Coast, Vancouver, southern Gulf Islands, Northern Gulf Islands, Discovery Islands, Broughton. ;) :p

It DID cross my mind as I fish in Kyuquot where I would find reports for there.....but for me I don't have ANY issue with wading through reports/pics trying to find any updates. I am good with looking in the Nootka reports....OR "North Island" reports trying to see if anyone has been. Me thinks though that the Kyuquot reports are going to wind up being just a "report" and not a "sticky".

You forgot a few......LOL

Haha......I know.....it's early and only on my first cup of coffee without a map of the south coast/Van Island in front of me!! :p

I should have also included Alberni Inlet West side, Alberni Inlet East side. :D

Last edited by a moderator:
could make it easy and get rid of the sticky reports entirely...if the thread is popular it'll stay near the top on its own...I'd rather not scroll through an entire page of stickies just to get to the first thread.
JMO

I also appreciate the work done by the moderators!

Number one, great job by the moderators on here. Keep up the great work people! Thanks.

What if we had one sticky under the Saltwater Forum? Just listed as "Fishing Reports", and then under that tab (when you opened it) it would have a thread for every area or sub-area that anyone wanted. Then no one would have to filter through threads to find where the reports were or have to scroll past many sticky thread tabs to get to the first priority thread in the Saltwater forum. Just a thought, I don't know how hard this would be to do for the Moderators, but it just might work, and then everyone could have their favorite area listed alphabetically or something like that.

That's my two cents, for what it's worth.
Jay.

What gets me with the reports threads are that right now Bamfield has 2 replys and North Island 6 and none of them are reports. Just general BS, so it's a bit waste of time. Lets keep the BS where it belongs.

I think the mods have done a pretty decent job of carving up the best spots. You've hit most of the key places and we know in general terms where we need to go to get a report. However, for those of us who live in Vancouver, it would be nice to have an official Vancouver area "sticky". That would include a pretty broad range of places, but, most of us know where they are.

It would be a lot of work for site admins, but if the "fishing reports" could be divided into DFO zones (ie. click on the map of the zone your interested in, ) one could post their report, ask questions of said area and if going fishing there, then zip over to DFO site to check that zones current regs. It would require (a) seperate page(s) to be set up however.

Example straight from DFO
manareas.jpg

46 sticky's ?!?!?!?! :eek: Yikes!!!!! :p ;) :eek:

LMAO! no no no, what I meant was entirely seperate pages for reports. home page for that is the map. I'm trying to get rid of skickys!! I hate em!!
Just go surf the regs and imagine you are looking at reports not rules and you will get the idea.

Back