Steering knobs

staying alive

My controls are close to steering wheel and you rap your hand and knuckles when docking I was thinking about putting on a steering knob anyone have am opinion on these things

Are they legal for boats?

They used to be legal in cars at one time......and then they banned them up here..

used to call 'em 'suicide knobs'....

I have a 12 inch in my pilot house because its tight in there with the controls don't like it very much,was thinking about a knob the other day after a long run

my boss has one on his boat and I love it. definatly great for docking. I'll be puting one on my boat before long. Seems like it would be a good option for you

I love mine..........not an add on, was built into the wheel.
Mounted at 6 oclock

Bought a John Deere one yesterday for my lawn mower and gave it a try . I like it, will be looking for an Edson brand at west marine

I have one and love it, especially for docking with a with a single outboard. I have more mine at 11 o'clock but steer with my left hand and throttle with the right. Cheers.

I have the same problem. Controls on centre console,too close to steering wheel. Threw on steering knob ,problem solved. I have mine mounted at six oclock

bought the Edson steering knob and took the grandkids to cultas lake for tube rides, the steering knob is a winner , makes pulling tubers way easier and docking was way easier, should of had one years ago , but 109 bucks at west marine is a ouch ,but it is for a boat so its more money , does appear to be well made though

Back