Steelhead Proposed Regulations for VI

Seems too me that the guys who ACTUALLY fish the stamp here don't have a problem at all with whats going on!!!Blackleech you seem too have a problem with every system maybe its time you expand and fish elsewhere!!You do real well at harris i here maybe cause there's no sleds out there!Vince 911 if you dont like westcoast that's great your entitled but go elsewhere with your complaints!!

You can bet the ministry guys read this crap on here and love that us as anglers are so divided!Maybe they'll just stock sea-run cutts from now on in the stamp and we wont have to worry about fighting over steelhead!Who's gonna bonk the last one??My monies on Vince 911!!!!
]

c.r. angler
Thanks for the response. I think I know who you are now. If you are who I think you are, you've have always been polite to me on the river thank you. Just so that you know the facts, jets for guides only was not a product of local guides campaining. MOE the gov agency that charges a heafty fee for a guide license wanted us all to use drift boats and didn't give a crap about our jobs or safety. The accident reports and occurance of fatalities of drift boat fishers on the Cow over the years prooved that the danger level was unacceptable. I'm sure you know the rest from here. I personaly feel that all should be allowed power boats. Speed and ethical guidlines would be helpful. I personaly use a zode and jet because it is safe reliable and fun!!! for me and my guests.
I have continuesly heard extensive guiding takes from the general publics experience. Even MOE reps share this mentality. If the people hiring the guide are also members of the general public than how is this so? I'ld accept an explanation from anybody on this one.

I didnt get to fish it much this year but the guides i saw were more than respectful. We hiked 15min into a spot with not much water to fish and when we got there we were disappointed to see a jet had this place staked. He hadnt been there long as we heard him pull in as we walked down. He waved us in and moved up river because he knew we hiked in and could only fish that spot.Also ran into the zodiac lots and always more than courteous. It does suck getting there at first light to find a jet beat you in or having to litterally sprint to the spot as you hear the engine coming upriver

Fishmyster if there were fish in the Nanaimo river I would likely stop to fish it IT is a dead system! unless you know of good number returns ?? I am talking more than 6 fish in 6K of river And I dotn always fish the falls pool so you know I fish the stamp because that system gets fish sooner than most other systems and it nice to have a couple good days with out having to hike a million million miles you have a problem with that?? second does that answer your question?/ your more than welcome to come ashore and cast beside me I dont care last i checked any angler can choose to fish any spot they wish
I dont have a problem with Ken M/Fishmyster & one of the guides from Murphs side he is pretty good Ken seems so go slower from what i can see but I am a beaver Creek side fisherman I was simply asking Ken why he chooses to push it with a highly volitile pool already when he has access to tones more river than a bankie

Whats this Chevy you admit it happend ?? no way??? is summersteel Reading this??? he says is never happend
as for it beeing an accident highly doubt it, but it boils down to ethics doesnt it??? he seen the fish he still chose to power through to beat the other boats up at no expense to get the pool before other jet boaters as for moving to hardy get me a job there and second anyone should be able to fish and not go through that crap poor guy[V]

Fishrite I dont bonk steelys I am not a meat hog
second I can voice my complaints or opinions on this forum isnt this what everyone does on this forum ??? you saying you never complained or voiced your negative opinion?? BS so what if ministry is reading this they wont cut the steely program on the stamp they just increased it Maybe you should go work for the ministry so you can change all the things you dont like

The real problem here is individuals, be they in a sled, on a drift or on a bank. I've been yelled at by more bankies than anything else. Being a relative beginner to S/H I know I've made some mistakes but to be reamed on for a breach of "etiquette" sure doesn't appear polite to me. I would have gladly listened to some advice or guidance but that was too much. I fished the stamp 3 times this winter and never had any problems with boats or guides. One of those days I didn't even see a boat. I would think the resource is large enough for us all to share.

I have never had a single problem with a guide in my whole life while fishing the stamp.Vince, why is it that you always feel the need to whine like a baby?

Simple, just stop fishing the Stamp or Cowichan, if you don't like the crowds, jet boats and drift boats, get off your lazy butt and drive the extra hour and bush wack into a smaller flow I doubt you will see anybody for most of the season, but hell if you like the confrontations keep going to the SSS/Cowichan and keep taking the stress! If you ask me that sounds too much like work.

Simple, just stop fishing the Stamp or Cowichan, if you don't like the crowds, jet boats and drift boats, get off your lazy butt and drive the extra hour and bush wack into a smaller flow I doubt you will see anybody for most of the season, but hell if you like the confrontations keep going to the SSS/Cowichan and keep taking the stress! If you ask me that sounds too much like work.

Chromesweetchrome

come back when you have something better to say other than a post of 20 words I have not slammed you in my post and only stating my opinion about some jet boat operators
so if you want to get into a slamming war bring it!![B)] I am not whinning like a baby I am stating my opinion and am allowed to do so if its negative so what!!!!, everyone is entitle to his or her opinion its an opinion and second this entire forum from is full of negative opinions and statements from the salt water to the fresh water post

I am simply voicing my opinions and what happend on the stamp and how it was a lack of respect from a jet boater and I still hope that they contiue to cause so many problems that they casue a complete shut down of jets and only allow drift boats I would love to see a restriction on jets or a complete ban Its my opinion and I am entitled to have it

Chromesweetchrome

come back when you have something better to say other than a post of 20 words I have not slammed you in my post and only stating my opinion about some jet boat operators
so if you want to get into a slamming war bring it!![B)] I am not whinning like a baby I am stating my opinion and am allowed to do so if its negative so what!!!!, everyone is entitle to his or her opinion its an opinion and second this entire forum from is full of negative opinions and statements from the salt water to the fresh water post

I am simply voicing my opinions and what happend on the stamp and how it was a lack of respect from a jet boater and I still hope that they contiue to cause so many problems that they casue a complete shut down of jets and only allow drift boats I would love to see a restriction on jets or a complete ban Its my opinion and I am entitled to have it

Get over it already Vincent!!There's not gonna be a closure on jets and there isn't a ton of complaints at all?Again the guys who actually fish there are fine with the whole deal!As far as a jet boat gong show above the bucket this past season as blackleech stated thats simply not true as the water was too low for the big boys too get up!A couple little zodiacs here and there big deal!I was u there and 6 pontooners came straight for me no big deal at all!If i dont like it i'll fish elsewhere!!

Get over it already Vincent!!There's not gonna be a closure on jets and there isn't a ton of complaints at all?Again the guys who actually fish there are fine with the whole deal!As far as a jet boat gong show above the bucket this past season as blackleech stated thats simply not true as the water was too low for the big boys too get up!A couple little zodiacs here and there big deal!I was u there and 6 pontooners came straight for me no big deal at all!If i dont like it i'll fish elsewhere!!

"I am simply voicing my opinions and what happend on the stamp and how it was a lack of respect from a jet boater and I still hope that they contiue to cause so many problems that they casue a complete shut down of jets and only allow drift boats I would love to see a restriction on jets or a complete ban Its my opinion and I am entitled to have it"

You are right Vince, you are entitled to your opinion, how ever mis informed it is.[:eek:)]You just keep on dreaming about that jet boat ban, it might just help keep your blood pressure down the next time one goes by you at the falls pool.[:p]

"last i checked any angler can choose to fish any spot they wish"

Unless they are fishing from a boat right?? I guess even though those guys paid for their licences too, they should have to fish somewhere else just to please you?? Kind of hypocritical, don't ya think?[:0] Like others have been telling you on here, if you're the one with the problem, maybe you should go & fish somewhere else. Like Chevy said, plenty of remote systems up north where you will never see a jet. Next time I see Bladon, I'll ask him if he wants to chip in & buy you a map of Northern VI streams. Think of it as sort of compensation for all the mental anguish he seems to have caused for you this year.:D

"Whats this Chevy you admit it happend ?? no way??? is summersteel Reading this??? he says is never happend
as for it beeing an accident highly doubt it, but it boils down to ethics doesnt it??? he seen the fish he still chose to power through to beat the other boats up at no expense to get the pool before other jet boaters"

What I have said is I don't believe YOUR version of what happened. From the irrational & immature statements you have made in the past, your credibility is suspect at best. It is also VERY obvious that you have a huge hating on for jet boats. To say your version of events would be highly biased would be an understatement. Again, there are always two sides to every story, & since you refused to inform yourself about the other side of this one & just go on a slanderous rant about it every chance you get, I wouldn't expect too many people to believe your version of events.

As a final thought Vince, why don't you try to post SOMETHING positive for a change. You know, fishing report, water conditions, road conditions to Port. Just something that would make reading your posts worthwhile for a change. All this slamming, bashing & negativity accomplishes nothing. You are exactly the kind of fisherman that DFO & MOE love. You keep stirring the pot & raising **** over minor events that YOU perceive to be outrageous, but that everyone else just accepts as part of life fishing on the Stamp. The GOV boys read this stuff & just laugh. They know this kind of BS just keeps sportsfishermen divided & makes their lives easier. Congratulations on your fine contribution to the sport.[V]

"I am simply voicing my opinions and what happend on the stamp and how it was a lack of respect from a jet boater and I still hope that they contiue to cause so many problems that they casue a complete shut down of jets and only allow drift boats I would love to see a restriction on jets or a complete ban Its my opinion and I am entitled to have it"

You are right Vince, you are entitled to your opinion, how ever mis informed it is.[:eek:)]You just keep on dreaming about that jet boat ban, it might just help keep your blood pressure down the next time one goes by you at the falls pool.[:p]

"last i checked any angler can choose to fish any spot they wish"

Unless they are fishing from a boat right?? I guess even though those guys paid for their licences too, they should have to fish somewhere else just to please you?? Kind of hypocritical, don't ya think?[:0] Like others have been telling you on here, if you're the one with the problem, maybe you should go & fish somewhere else. Like Chevy said, plenty of remote systems up north where you will never see a jet. Next time I see Bladon, I'll ask him if he wants to chip in & buy you a map of Northern VI streams. Think of it as sort of compensation for all the mental anguish he seems to have caused for you this year.:D

"Whats this Chevy you admit it happend ?? no way??? is summersteel Reading this??? he says is never happend
as for it beeing an accident highly doubt it, but it boils down to ethics doesnt it??? he seen the fish he still chose to power through to beat the other boats up at no expense to get the pool before other jet boaters"

What I have said is I don't believe YOUR version of what happened. From the irrational & immature statements you have made in the past, your credibility is suspect at best. It is also VERY obvious that you have a huge hating on for jet boats. To say your version of events would be highly biased would be an understatement. Again, there are always two sides to every story, & since you refused to inform yourself about the other side of this one & just go on a slanderous rant about it every chance you get, I wouldn't expect too many people to believe your version of events.

As a final thought Vince, why don't you try to post SOMETHING positive for a change. You know, fishing report, water conditions, road conditions to Port. Just something that would make reading your posts worthwhile for a change. All this slamming, bashing & negativity accomplishes nothing. You are exactly the kind of fisherman that DFO & MOE love. You keep stirring the pot & raising **** over minor events that YOU perceive to be outrageous, but that everyone else just accepts as part of life fishing on the Stamp. The GOV boys read this stuff & just laugh. They know this kind of BS just keeps sportsfishermen divided & makes their lives easier. Congratulations on your fine contribution to the sport.[V]

Summersteel

last I checked my blood presure is Ok ..last month even thanks for looking out for me, your concern for my health is appreciated :D although I would be more concerned about yours if I were you

you dont have to believe my version summersteel but you were not there either so for you to make comment is just as unfair/ and your credibility is week but less you forget i was there (0)
as for divided I fly fish, troll, gear fish/ drift boat I do it all saltwater or fresh
so I am not divided its other anglers that are divided
get it staight!!!!!!!!!

Fishrite maybe I should start making a tonne of compaints
are you saying no jet baots made it above the bucket ???

Summersteel

last I checked my blood presure is Ok ..last month even thanks for looking out for me, your concern for my health is appreciated :D although I would be more concerned about yours if I were you

you dont have to believe my version summersteel but you were not there either so for you to make comment is just as unfair/ and your credibility is week but less you forget i was there (0)
as for divided I fly fish, troll, gear fish/ drift boat I do it all saltwater or fresh
so I am not divided its other anglers that are divided
get it staight!!!!!!!!!

Fishrite maybe I should start making a tonne of compaints
are you saying no jet baots made it above the bucket ???

quote:Blackleech you seem too have a problem with every system

Fish-Rite,
It's not the systems I have a problem with. It's the over-crowding and excessive negative impact that motorized boats have on steelhead.

Let me ask you this: Do you believe that steelhead deserve some refuge from angling as they make their way to spawning grounds? In other words, do you think that having some holding water that is inaccessible to anglers is a positive thing for steelhead populations?

quote:Blackleech you seem too have a problem with every system

Fish-Rite,
It's not the systems I have a problem with. It's the over-crowding and excessive negative impact that motorized boats have on steelhead.

Let me ask you this: Do you believe that steelhead deserve some refuge from angling as they make their way to spawning grounds? In other words, do you think that having some holding water that is inaccessible to anglers is a positive thing for steelhead populations?

Back