Steelhead pics for 2007/2008

[
DSC00136.jpg
][/img]

Steelie head and golfpro sweet fish.Does anyone know why most stamp fish are so runty? Genes or just hatch fish? Most fish i have hit are only 6-8lbs the odd over 10

According to Trey Combs' book "Steelhead Fly Fishing" the Stamp River steelhead are unique because of their small size, and this has nothing to do with the hatchery. Apparently the record for the Stamp is just over 19 lbs (winter). I heard there was a 17 lb fish caught at Falls Pool this year? The biggest I've seen is around 15 lbs.
BL

quote:Originally posted by kelly

i heard of a 20lber caught on the stamp outta a jet from another board and pics to back it up.Ill see if i can find it

Its true!! Check out http://www.westcoastrivercharters.ca Click on the blog for all the pics & reports. There are a lot more big fish in the Stamp than people realize. I've seen many hogs when I used to do swim counts for the hatchery. The biggest one I've landed was a 39"x21" summer run in October long ago. Have hooked more than a few over the years that I would have given anything to get a better look at. They are in there!! You just have to be persistent!!

quote:Originally posted by Blackleech

According to Trey Combs' book "Steelhead Fly Fishing" the Stamp River steelhead are unique because of their small size, and this has nothing to do with the hatchery. Apparently the record for the Stamp is just over 19 lbs (winter). I heard there was a 17 lb fish caught at Falls Pool this year? The biggest I've seen is around 15 lbs.
BL

Haven't heard about one at the Falls pool, but here is a pic of a 17lb chromer we got at the confluence back in November.
100_0493.jpg

This was sweet Action IMG]http://i173.photobucket.com/albums/w49/Benny551/FirstSteelheadtripApril292007019.jpg[/IMG]

Born agains fish looks like it's skeins might be a little loose. Good for making roe bags.

Born Again nice fish! congrats!

Hope she leaves some good genetics for future stock[8D] It would be nice if even a bigger buck paired up with her [:p]

That fish looks bigger than the one estimated to be 17lbs above that

I am curious to know what your length and girth measurements are on that fish... did you get one or even a length measurement???

Back