Stanley Cup Finals 2014

eaglemaniac

Just thought I would throw this up for comments and predictions.;) eman

Last edited by a moderator:
I'll go LA in 5

Willie and the boys in 6. I think Lundqvist is gonna steal a couple for the Rangers but he won't steal them the Cup.

Looking like a long road for NY now, FA. Mind for your prediction to come true they did have to lose three.

Watching the playoff teams this year really gives some perspective to how far the Canucks are away from being able to contend. These teams are good.

I'll go LA in 5

genie.gif

Called it when the play off started... a good heavy team.... pretty sure they will take a couple more cups in the years to come...

Cups are really hard to win. There's a team coming together in Colorado that's going to have something to say in the matter real soon. Chicago, Anaheim, a lot of good teams to get by.

I had the good fortune to go to games 3 and 4 in New York. My buddys son in law, who lives in Nanaimo, became the back up goalie after Talbot got hurt. Dave LeNeveu. Fantastic atmosphere compared to Vancouver. Only saw one LA fan with a bloody lip. The rest seemed to make it out unscathed.

Some of the best hockey ive seen in this years playoffs..congrats to LA ..and to Willy for his 2nd cup since leaving Vancouver

Dazzlingly good conference finals and Cup finals this year, didn't want it to end. Proof of that was Mrs Sly watched the games with me. Normally she gives a game just a few minutes' trial; if there's any stupid/violent/goon/boring play, she's outta there quick and finds something else to do. Not these playoffs, she really enjoyed it. Those thoughts take me back... how did Boston get away with the thuggery in 2011? The refs this year didn't have a problem blowing the whistle, yet I don't hear fans complaining - instead everyone is raving about the quality and intensity of the series. All that talk about "let the players decide the outcome" is waffle - the evidence is right there in front of us: enforce the rules with a careful hand and the intensity of the situation will make for fast, skillful hockey.

Back