Stamp on FIRE

Fished Wed., tonnes of hoes in the 8-12lb. class. Some springs, but finicky on everything. Mostly flossed but a few aggresive types as well.
Any foe on the Nitty would be much appreciated. I'd imagine the place is an absolute ditch.thanx-the dirtdog

DHA
Drop me an E, lets get together for a chat when you're in.

Stamp was really hot again this am, the Natural just phoned - ~ 70 for 2 rods, and limits all 15 plus! Nice. Had to sleep in, too tired, but we'll get there after the weekend warriors depart.

NitNat Friday (yest):
The upper Nitnat was deviod of both water, fish and bears. Lower, down below the Hatchery (same side of riv) there was loads of all. Water still low, but lots of springs. About 60 % coloured BUT 40 % still bright and damn feisty! The rumour from the hatchery ladz is there are fresh coho in the hatchery pool, but we did not see/hook any.
Anyway, probably worthwhile to work the lower, you'll get into hog springs for sure, and hoes should be arriving in catchable numbers any moment.
Tight Lines...

DHA

Stamp was really hot again this am, the Natural just phoned - ~ 70 for 2 rods, and limits all 15 plus! Nice. Had to sleep in, too tired, but we'll get there after the weekend warriors depart.

NitNat Friday (yest):
The upper Nitnat was deviod of both water, fish and bears. Lower, down below the Hatchery (same side of riv) there was loads of all. Water still low, but lots of springs. About 60 % coloured BUT 40 % still bright and damn feisty! The rumour from the hatchery ladz is there are fresh coho in the hatchery pool, but we did not see/hook any.
Anyway, probably worthwhile to work the lower, you'll get into hog springs for sure, and hoes should be arriving in catchable numbers any moment.
Tight Lines...

DHA

NitNat Friday (yest):
Tight Lines...

DHA

NitNat Friday (yest):
Tight Lines...

Get out the step ladder! HERE THEY COME, Who Hoo! Coho Meat Fishery Extravaganza. The finest linery in the west, good times had by all the bankies lined up by the hundreds along the banks.

Get out the step ladder! HERE THEY COME, Who Hoo! Coho Meat Fishery Extravaganza. The finest linery in the west, good times had by all the bankies lined up by the hundreds along the banks.

Well put Mad Dog.

I was there again this morning. The "linery" was in action. On the stretch of the river that I was on there was probably 15 - 20 guys fishing with the typical gear and yarn. This was the first time that I witnessed so many people hooking fish on heavy gear and then just dragging them to the shore to be bonked. Where's the sport in that?

Other than me, there was only one other guy fly-fishing (he was from Switzerland).

I had a couple of fish on the line and a smile on my face. On an 8 wt. fly rod, a 10 pound Coho makes for some excitement.

Well put Mad Dog.

I was there again this morning. The "linery" was in action. On the stretch of the river that I was on there was probably 15 - 20 guys fishing with the typical gear and yarn. This was the first time that I witnessed so many people hooking fish on heavy gear and then just dragging them to the shore to be bonked. Where's the sport in that?

Other than me, there was only one other guy fly-fishing (he was from Switzerland).

I had a couple of fish on the line and a smile on my face. On an 8 wt. fly rod, a 10 pound Coho makes for some excitement.

Well put Mad Dog.

Well put Mad Dog.

Yup, there are some nice coho in right now, making the mad dash. WE saw a few guys tossin flys, not much luck for most of them. low water, gear shy!!!

Yup, there are some nice coho in right now, making the mad dash. WE saw a few guys tossin flys, not much luck for most of them. low water, gear shy!!!

Back