Speedi sleeve install

Hello, I am going to speedi sleeve all four spindles on my trailer. It looks like I can leave the shoulder on the sleeve after install. Do I need to peel off the install shoulder or can I leave it in place?
Thanks,
Alan

Hello, I am going to speedi sleeve all four spindles on my trailer. It looks like I can leave the shoulder on the sleeve after install. Do I need to peel off the install shoulder or can I leave it in place?
Thanks,
Alan
I left mine on after making sure the seal was clear. Make sure to use bearing mount sealant or a high temp sleeve retainer. Just did two of mine and was really happy with the results. Much better than a new axle.

As long as the seal goes on with a bit of clearance between the seal and the shoulder there is no requirement to remove the shoulder

I also want to install speedi sleeves, any steps or pictures would be great, thanks or hints for succes.

I watched some u tube videos they work great just make sure everything is clean and polished, mine worked great for years told the buyer i had installed them and to re do bearing every year ..

The hardest part is finding something like a pipe the right size to fit over the spindle to hammer them home.

The hardest part is finding something like a pipe the right size to fit over the spindle to hammer them home.
Not really that hard-various PVC pipes work and as long as you get sched 40 and use a piece of wood across the top --works fine. As I recall the 3" worked perfectly for my dual axle road runner. Just have to take the sleeve to the irrigation shop

Not really that hard-various PVC pipes work and as long as you get sched 40 and use a piece of wood across the top --works fine. As I recall the 3" worked perfectly for my dual axle road runner. Just have to take the sleeve to the irrigation shop
Right you are,I was trying to say it's not hard to do, in a round about way.

For the ease of install and price, I now carry an extra and a install kit with my extra set of bearings. Only need to lose a day of fishing driving all over the island to find parts once. As a side note I first heard about them on this forum. Saved me enough to buy an extra rod and jigs and anchovies and…

Auto parts stores wanted a fortune for the sleeves for my Highliner so I went to the dealer where they were a couple bucks each out of the big bag he had. Remember that an old bearing fits the axle stub very closely and makes a great driver when partnered with even an ambiguous pipe. I usually install mine with Loctite 515 which cures to a tough plastic.

Back