Sooke2015

Does anyone have a line on some private moorage this weekend -- Thurs through Sat? Trying to come out but the marinas are full. Need 33ft.
Tenmile, I tried to get moorage at Sooke Harbour Marina last week and they told me no room. But when I went there they had lots of spots open and I got in for 4 nights. Sunny shores should have spot open as well. You can also anchor just past the Prestige. Pretty sheltered there.
FYI Sunny Shores has diesel.

Yup disregard my pm steely, I was only trying to help. I guess that is a bad thing around here.......

Mariner's Village also has moorage...best suited for boats with outboards as there is some shallow water to deal with at low tide.

Out this morning caught a few pinks and 8 undersized Chinook and a couple coho. Fun morning for the young nieces everything on anchovies on the way to otter.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Out today from 7:00am until 2:00pm. What a contrast to Monday! We trolled anchovy and herring all through the areas so productive on that day, but without any activity whatsoever today. By late morning we had wandered out into a 110’ of water off the Bluffs and picked up a couple of pinks. Finally did get one hit on anchovy with rigger set at 99’ in about 92’ of water. Decent pull, a couple of heavy head shakes and the fish was gone. Makes one realise what an incredible day Monday was and unlikely to be repeated any time soon. Still good to know everything is back to normal and expectations have been reset accordingly. LOL;)

(Really bumpy this morning on top of big swells from the west. By mid-morning it had all calmed down and it was back to the “tropical lagoon” look of the past week. BWD was not accurate today.)

Went out at 1pm and waited for the 3 o'clock current change at the light....right on cue 8 springs on and landed 4 up to 25 pounds. A buddy was at Muir and it came on there a bit earlier and he was on his way home with 8 springs by the time the bite started where I was. Wind was up a bit near the end of the trip at 5pm.

3 hours at otter for us this morning, one hit lost right away - nothing else happening (8:30-11:30). Went back to secretary to hopefully find pinks at least for the kids on the boat. 350 ft out or so - pink in 1st 5 min, then two chinooks 12 + 14 in the next 10. one more pink and a few hits then it died off to nothing for us again.

I will be doing the pink salmon festival out of cheanua as well . I believe most of the pinks are out in the lanes now, here's hoping for no fog

Went out to otter to catch the night bite, arrived at 4:15 left at 7:30. We had 5 hits landed 4 in the boat, too bad they weren't the big ones we were hoping for. 2 pink, 1 wild coho and, 1 small spring, which lived to see another day. Had two rods in the water, All 5 on the hit on the green Chrome, Betsy (green) flasher at 66'. Bloody nose with super bestsy, took the night off, fished her from 44'-98', nothing. Looked like a couple of boats landed a couple smaller 10lbers, but we didn't see much more.

Let's hope the switch in the morning gets turned on:)

We went to possession and secretary from 6:30 to 10:30 today. I can definitely say it was HOT!!!! .....somewhere else did not see any springs caught and lots of boats too. We decided to move out a bit and ended up hiting one 10 lb spring and one pink. Huge difference from last sunday where we had multiple hookups of descent springs. Maybe tonights bite will be better. Those two fish were the only hits we had.

Fished Otter from 6:30 till 11:30, kept a 14 & 16lb Spring, 3 Pinks and had to release a real nice wild Coho.
Flat calm, no fog, warm and lots of weed in the water.

Went out looking for pinks in preparation for taking kids out for the pink festival tomorrow but only found 1. Landed a few coho, two of which were hatchery about 3-4lbs , and a nice 16lb white spring. Coho came in at about 60' on the downrigger and chinook at 220'. Two chicken halibut at 15 & 25lbs. The only recognizable stomach contents was in the Chinook, an 8" herring.

Anyone know where the pinks are?

Last edited by a moderator:
Went out looking for pinks in preparation for taking kids out for the pink festival tomorrow but only found 1. Landed a few coho, two of which were hatchery about 3-4lbs , and a nice 16lb white spring. Coho came in at about 60' on the downrigger and chinook at 220'. Two chicken halibut at 15 & 25lbs. The only recognizable stomach contents was in the Chinook, an 8" herring.

Anyone know where the pinks are?
I'm sure the kids will be o.k. with catching coho, halibut and springs instead.

Back