Sooke2015

Anyone been out for the night bite last few days?

I can't stand working after a great day on Sunday and these great reports continuing.
I'm booking out early and heading for the water this afternoon.

Anyone been out for the night bite last few days?

I can't stand working after a great day on Sunday and these great reports continuing.
I'm booking out early and heading for the water this afternoon.

Going next few hours! I will radio when I am out there Tips...

I am thinking of coming down to sooke with my boat for a overnight fishing trip. Can anyone recommend a good place to stay (hotel/cabins) near the boat launch?

Great day today. Picked up 2 springs out deep in 280 ft with lines at 85' and 65'. Had a double header (did not boat either) at the shack in 130 ft close in with lines at the same depth. Using brined herring strip. Caught fish between 11:30 and 1:30 pm.

Was out for the evening tonight, seemed slow. And weedy right out front. A good number of boats but only saw small fish caught, but I could have missed something since I was staring into the sun the whole time.

Limited 2 guys out with 4 springs and 4 pinks this afternoon at Otter & Muir. Lost 4 more springs..all between 3-6pm.

Fished 5:30-8:30 last night.
Not much happening at possession. Saw 3 fish caught randomly through the night.
Bite never came on.
Nice to be out for an evening though.

Tips

Well after some slow action on the tide change between Secretary and the Head, only a few shakers and a couple large pinks, we were thinking its time to head in and pap-pow...4:25pm a nice hog decided to come on board. Then at 5:25pm another...our day was done. 55 feet on the blood-nose teaser.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    92.1 KB · Views: 713
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    89.6 KB · Views: 712
fished monday 6.30 am to 1.30 p.m. 7 pinks was all.......mostly off of secratery .. nice day calm sea. some on anchovies some on home made spoon......C.A.

Does anyone have a line on some private moorage this weekend -- Thurs through Sat? Trying to come out but the marinas are full. Need 33ft.

Went out with 'gear n beer' with our boys this morning. Absolutely beautiful out there. Flat seas, blue skies, and lots of fish. We lost a couple teens near the boat, had another couple long line releases, couple hits that didn't stick. We had 2 double headers....the action came in spurts. We ended with 5 Springs in the boat, 8, 12, 13, 13, and a 15.
We were using anchovies and an AP spoon. The AP spoon did its fair share of damage today.
We fished Otter first thing, then moved to secretary. Most action at 50ft on rigger.
The boys sure saw some good action today!

Only two double headers? Felt like more.......

Anyway, all I can say is rediculous action. Lost more fish than we should have but oh well. Released some lost more....only a few pinks which was a nice change. One white Chinook, said it was a Harrison fish when I asked.

Hey guys, what vhf channel is the fishing chatter on in sooke? I searched the thread and couldn't find it.

Back