Sooke !!!!!!!!!!!!

wolf

Hi guys was out today and what a weird day 10 ft swells to start off with just like renny (what the hell)bit slow today maybe the weather got one small one 20 lbs but caught 6 sockeye go figure and one was around 12 lbs.talked to the other guides seem it was slow all over, out again tommorow keep you all informed!!!!!!!!

Good luck Wolf

Thanks for the news Wolf, look forward to hearing what's happening out there. Seems things have been slow for some time now out Sooke way. Not that big surge we have seen in the past. Renfrew should be better by late July or early August......FINGERS CROSSED!!!

Had the same feeling when I was out yesterday too--it felt like Renny in October with the big swells and cool weather. No fish for us. Thursday pm at Otter was apparently quite good.
T2

Three springs bonked in three days off Otter! Crazy slow And yes some swells on thursday afternoon. Looked like Beale out there. The springs seem to be down to 150 feet and out further towards the first and second lines, lots of sox and pinkers and the odd hatchy coconut. Offshore, Uci is even full of juvenile under 20lb springs and inclement weather. A bit of a snap off Sheringham on wednesday evening though nothing worth bragging about... Wolf, havn't seen you out where ya' hiding??? Whats todays report???

Wolf's busy celebrating he beat smithson last night!!!!

Just Bring it!

All i can say is slow!!!!!!!!!!!!! slow!!!!!! slow!!!!!!!!!!! saw maybe 4 fish caught off of otter that was it and 1 for me nice afternoon though.

Good luck Wolf

Not much to report....got out a little late to find a stronger flood than I expected along with a SE wind I didn't expect. That aside fishing was slow again. There were a few off secretary but overall it was a tough scratch. Even the pinks ands coho were tough to find in any number. Not very impressed with fishing in Sooke lately....gotta get back to Renny.

Well yammy sorry to here that but up at otter this afternoon was good got 4 springs, biggest was only 20 the smallest was 14 hit 3 others seemed to find them shallow today 49 ft off of 3 rd rock seemed to be the best about 2:00 it went flat as a mill pond and very hot. but i do know what you mean what was with the SE today very strange weather patterns these last couple of days.

Good luck Wolf

Awk...I shoulda stayed longer but had a sick 10yr old crew-member so we left before noon. Glad to hear there's a few fish out there though Wolf....maybe I won't sell the boat just yet. LOL.

Fished Church Rock to Beechy from 0630 to 1130 caught one small spring and saw only a few fish caught. Very slow.

Fished from 7-12, started out at Otter but to much crap and wind so moved out and fished back to the Head.Picked up 5 small pinks and lost about the same.I saw no fish caught,but talked to a guy from work he only had 2 bites all morning......a 25 and a 15 the bugger.He was telling me that it was nice and flat most of the morning at the Head.Will try Wednesday morning hopefully things pick up by then.Wolf I thought I saw you heading back to Sec. Island about 11 did you fish the morning too.

Yes casper did a double shift got one up near sher. and a limit of pinks but the doggys were bad in the am i wont be out now till sat.

Good luck Wolf

Abs-Sidney area fishing is usually fairly quiet --but some spots to ask about are Coal Island, the Powder Wharf on the east side of James Island, and a few points on the east side of Sidney Island.I'm not familiar with charter skippers in the Sidney area. You might have better luck hiring a charter out of Sooke(it's about an hour's drive from Sidney) although things are slower this season. (Read the posts on this thread)
T2

Abs i have an opening on fri. or sunday if you want a charter e-mail me or give me a call thanks

Wolf

Maddog got an opening ?? Limited off the Trap yesterday, all high teens. Saw lots of fish being caught, there was a good snap in the morning.

Tournament Proven !

Back