Sooke Reports - Spring/Summer 09

Thanks. I am used to fishing in the Ocean where we troll at the depth of the bottom of the bait ball on the meter regardless of depth. I am trying to understand that fishery and read that they like structure. I guess bottom dragging is more of a winter/Blackmouth thing? Glad to hear that, now I wont plan on bringing a boat load of downrigger balls LOL. Thanks again!

Titelines..

NorthStar

Fished Possesion last night from 5 pm to 8 pm, caught and released a 8 lb coho off the point at secretary and a 36 lber off Possession, 75ft, Betsey, Bloody nose head, 7ft leader.Heard codfish nailed a 33lber at otter earlier that day 85 ft, Super Betsey, green head. Here we go agaain, back out this morning......

well maybe COdfish will get his pictures right and post this years fish:)

Hey well done Luna! Nice fish. Ya I was off the point last night as well, saw your fish. I lost one in the low twentys and seen several teenagers and mid twenty pounders caught. Beauty of a night. Cheers Fc

What do you mean nice fish luna! , i landed the 36 pound slab, nice try.[:p]. Luna had a few too many Lucky's.

Fished at Sherringham today from 6am to 9am, had a teenager on by 6 11am and the old man lost it at the side of the boat. Purple hot spot and jdf purple haze head, 61ft in 65ft of water. Landed a teenager around 830am, Betsey and bloody nose head, 8 ft leader same depth. Only 1 other boat there and didn't see anything else, had 1 other bite. Moved down and fished Possession from 930am to 12pm, landed a 10 lber off the front corner of Secretary at 10 20am, 66ft in 140 ft of water. Lots of crap in the water made for hard fishing, saw 2 fish caught in the bay on the west side of Possession. 1 was lost and 1 was giving a solo fisherman a hard time, that was at 11 35am.

quote:Originally posted by addicted

you got a clock glued to your reels or something luna? that's some serious reporting! thanks! :)

Sound like someone who HAS TO be somewhere at noon! Start watching the clock pretty close when time is coming to pull the pin... :)

Thanks for great report too...if the stars align, I may try to get my boat out there this evening...so nice out.

Yeah thanks for the report LUNA, Nice to see someone share some useful information. Congrats on a great report and good luck! I.I.

Codfish does it again,lol. Heard Codfish hit a 37 lber off Otter yesterday, 100ft on the rigger off the point.

Fished Secretary last night. 1 good hit at 75 ft green/green that was it. Didn't see much happening, there were 30 boats there. Saw a guy at the dock before i headed out who had 3 teenagers from Secretary.

Tournament Proven !

Was out yesterday as well got 1 lost 1 and if you can believe got a hatchery coho at 80 ft???awful early for that thing??its early yet this weekend there will be more caught as we have some HUGE tides starting now which should bring in some fish.

Good luck wolf

Blue Wolf Charters
www.bluewolfcharters.com

was out for a quick evening fish, apprx 1 1/2 hours, had to get the kid to bed ....Had 1 hit, no fish to the boat but did see 2 other boats net a couple teens.....what a beautiful night

Out on Thursday AM at the tail end the bite, and hooked up an 18 lb hatchery between trap shack and secretary, purple haze flasher and teaser head

We were out drifting for Halibut Wed. night after work, out of the blue this nice sized salmon jumped clear out of the water ! Looked like a big Coho ! Nice to see, good sign !

out this morning around beechy, girlfriend got here first of the year, 25.5 lbs 60ft glow anchovie
besides a little bit of a quick reminder in why the call em knuckle busters it all went well and she is happy to have a bigger fish this year than me, so far anyways......:D

P6060692-1.jpg

Back