Sooke Reports - Spring and Summer 2012

well then, just stop fishing for 'our' fish, simple solution.

actually september has been silly stupid easy bringing home clipped Coho. when Oct 1st came in, we can now keep clipped and nonclippe. 1.5 -2,0 hours is all it takes for a boat limit. if you folks would stop sounding like a bunch of old women chatting on the VHF and concentrate on fishing, you might also be home in time for breakfast.

LOL. Im pretty sure Bag-Juan was joking and referring to Mitt romney 47% Quote.

Home for Breakfast? No way! my wife will give me jobs to do. Im staying out there and Chatting like an old lady all day!

Reelfast, out of curiousity, what part of WA are you fishing in?

fishing the PA yellow seperation buoy N and then W to the RAYCON on your side of the line. 425-550 with my Pilchard flies down 40' on the wire. easy, head S from race rocks and you are there. i see no one on your side of the line fishing that area. there is a whole fleet on my side. Coho are thick and getting pretty good sized at this point in time. with the extended forecast not showing any rain, these fish are going to hang out as long as the bait fish last. so hang up the VHF and start fishing, you folks sound like a bunch of old women on a party line phone system :)

lol!! We here you guys on your side up swiftsure way too, long slow deliveries about nothing special!!

but hey thats fishing ....

fishing the PA yellow seperation buoy N and then W to the RAYCON on your side of the line. 425-550 with my Pilchard flies down 40' on the wire. easy, head S from race rocks and you are there. i see no one on your side of the line fishing that area. there is a whole fleet on my side. Coho are thick and getting pretty good sized at this point in time. with the extended forecast not showing any rain, these fish are going to hang out as long as the bait fish last. so hang up the VHF and start fishing, you folks sound like a bunch of old women on a party line phone system :)

So how close do the shippers get to the border line anyway? Used to fish out there years ago, but not a fan in the fog and we had a close call on Sunday with a dragger that was at least a mile north of the lanes..

As for the bunch of old women - ironic since the ones that 'seem' to yap like old women on 68 are usually on your side ;)

lol!! We here you guys on your side up swiftsure way too, long slow deliveries about nothing special!!

but hey thats fishing ....

yeah, about a half dozen guys who think they know everything there is to know. i just turn down the volume or stop scanning :)

How can you tell the difference between an American & Canadian fisherman on the VHF – their accent :)
Reelfast, re: your 2” pilchard flies.. Isn’t the size a little small for a pilchard imitation? My buddy brought back a few larger flies perhaps we’ll give them a try.

How can you tell the difference between an American & Canadian fisherman on the VHF – their accent :)
Reelfast, re: your 2” pilchard flies.. Isn’t the size a little small for a pilchard imitation? My buddy brought back a few larger flies perhaps we’ll give them a try.

easier than that. you guys use the names on the VHF that you post with right here, eh. the US guys use boat names, but i know who they are.

you may want to argue with the length of the flies, i am only reporting all the time success with these smaller versions. when i cleaned fish about 3 weeks ago, that is what popped out, that is what i tied and it is working, killer all of the time outfishing the 'standard' hootchies 7 -> 1.

post a pic??of the flies

if you can give me pretty specific directions on how to do this, i'd be happy to share. OR, if you already know how, send me a PM with your real email addie and i'll send you the jpegs. BTW, sissors work wonders if flies are too long :)

also, if you are fly tier, send me a PM and i'll be happy to share the material list.

Last edited by a moderator:
ishing the PA yellow seperation buoy N and then W to the RAYCON on your side of the line. 425-550 with my Pilchard flies down 40' on the wire. easy, head S from race rocks and you are there. i see no one on your side of the line fishing that area. there is a whole fleet on my side. Coho are thick and getting pretty good sized at this point in time. with the extended forecast not showing any rain, these fish are going to hang out as long as the bait fish last. so hang up the VHF and start fishing, you folks sound like a bunc

Reelfast, very interesting. Appreciate the info. Out of the country right now, but, I just might give your cordinates a try after Oct 15 if weather holds.

Will just be a few winter feeders now.

Sookaholic--Is that a picture of Lippy in his teenage years?
T2

Do tell???

Never mind I missed that post....Other than the fag...I've never looked like a dogfish :D

Last edited by a moderator:
Back