Sooke Report -- 2008 season

Okay - okay! You can rest it on my arm - but I won't touch it!

3 Coho today 5, 8 and 12 all wild and released. Nothing else though. Any other reports?

cby

I was at Island out fitters early this after noon as I was getting ready to leave this truck pulls in with a huge Halibut in the back.. they get the scale out and put this beast up, weighed in at 185 lbs. !! I got the kids out of of my truck to go see it on the scale there looking up at this beast and the look on there faces were priceless.. I did not get any detail of where they caught it or what.. I should of asked..

Sombrio Beach

Nice fish for sure [8D]

gonefishingsign.gif

Church Rock, 65, 100 and 110 feet, Anchovie, Green and coyote spoon green.

cby

Any reports from Sherringham, Muir, Otter, Secretary, Possession, Beechy would be much appreciated?

cby

Was out in the middle sat. I had better luck in at 400ft to shore all where wild 70ft to 120ft.Lot of shacker oout there. Beecher bay

Rick

Was out Saturday from 0700-1300. Spent most of my time between the Head and the Trap Shack 200 ft of shore. Several shakers and one 14 lb coho released. Most at 55 ft on a pink/white squirt. This is the worst year I have seen in 25 years fishing the area.

pescador

was out thursday,friday saterday and sunday 7am-2pm caught 2 10 pound springs and one 8 pound hatchery coho 500 feet of water 133 feet on the downrigger off of otter point on a green and white hootchie this is the worst year for salmon fishing i have ever seen

Was out to day from 10:00am - 3:00pm. Church and Bedfords. Pick up a nice 20lb Spring and a 4lb Coho. Only 2 hits I had. Very slow. But I will take it. The spring was a great fight. Foggy early but nice later on.

cby

Well i was talking with a buddy about how fishing was for him this year . A very nice lady butts into are convo . I was shocked at what she said! Her and her husband got a 30 lb and 35lb off beachy! bull$#!t or not i was in shock. Are they just comming in late and we`re missing them ? how much fishing pressure is there really out there that can say this is a lie or not? i dunno !!! any other ideas or opinions?

tight lines

There are some around for sure. An HONEST fellow worker of mine pulled in a 29#,and a 36# of the Head Tuesday morning. We have so many doubters/jealous ones these days that the guy brought in the heads the next day and placed them on the lunchroom table during morning coffee. The look on the faces of the non-believers...priceless. :D

quote:Originally posted by flash

made it out for a few hours today. 26#,15#,32#, in that order. thank god for a offshore boat and good skipper. :)
read here before that purple haze flasher works. Thanks for the tip.

Springs or Halibut ??? and where were you fishing??

Back