Sooke Report -- 2008 season

Being new out here :D Exactly where are the "Bedfords" and "Church" ??? I need all the help I can get lol

Welcome aboard Rockfish!

You'll find lots of helpful people on here.

Good Luck!

Poe- Being a religious guy, Tailspin goes to Church regularly. [8D]
Sorry, old joke.(My mother was always trying to drag my dad off to church every Sunday and he'd protest that he'd already been to Church a couple of times that week)
Bedfords and Church are just east of Becher Bay.
T2

No Rigours

quote:Originally posted by Tsquared

Poe- Being a religious guy, Tailspin goes to Church regularly. [8D]
Sorry, old joke.(My mother was always trying to drag my dad off to church every Sunday and he'd protest that he'd already been to Church a couple of times that week)
Bedfords and Church are just east of Becher Bay.
T2

No Rigours

[:p]

Thanks for the reply haha glad to see everyone still has a sense of humor after all the sad reports .

My religous views end at Church Rock. There was less action today due to a full moon and clear skies maybe? Bonked two 10 lb Springs and lost 4. Some nice Coho showing up though.

IMG_3553.jpg

www.tailspincharters.com

Hey guys. Thinking about heading out today (Sat) or sunday with my buddy from alberta. Is there any fish out there? Couple weeks ago I was told by a guide to fish way out in 500 feet of water, with a pink squirt. I hooked into one and lost it. Wondering if the same sort of deal should work this weekend? Im not up on the regs, Im only allowed to keep hatchery coho, and of course spring, Right?
Is there any other salmon out there? Sockeye, pinks?
Thanks for the help Guys

Springs - two, hatchery Coho - two per ticket. Might be the one or the other Chum out there now but nothing else. Springs will be mostly feeder springs ~ 5-7 lbs with the odd large mature still lurking around...Good luck.

We were out this morning, dropped the gear in at Possesion/Secretary, did a few tacs for springs, lots of bait ! No signs of springs though, headed out and put the Coho gear down and trolled all the way to the shipping lanes and back, lots of small shakers.. could not find a Coho. Back at Possesion the bait was even thicker on the sounder.. trying for some bait we pulled the salmon gear and got a herring jig out and dropped it down... Thiking I had a few herring on.. pulled up a small tommy cod ! on a herring jig.. go figure.. dropped the herring jig down again and instantly a rock cod jumps on the herring jig ! get him up.. and put the jig down again.. and did end up pulling up two very small 3" herring... was hopping to find some bigger herring.. but nope.. it was all small bait.... that was it for us... so the hot gear of the day was a herring jig ! LOL..

Any word on Coho showing up. I have caught a few at Church rock but that was about a week ago. Anymore news to share. Looking to head out tommorow either to Bedfords / Church or waterfront.

cby

Was out yesterday. Did a couple of hours at Church, but got blown off. Marking lots of fish on the sounder and tons of bait. Saw a guy at the ramp with a 12# yoyo. They are either late or not coming ? Sound familar.

Tournament Proven !

Was out yesterday. Did a couple of hours at Church, but got blown off. Marking lots of fish on the sounder and tons of bait. Saw a guy at the ramp with a 12# yoyo. They are either late or not coming ? Sound familar.

Tournament Proven !

Was at Church today. Good bite this morning at 9:30am. Had a good size fish on 15-20lbs for sure. Peeled line while in holder and was off the release clip immediately. Played it for about 5 minutes and the leader snapped or was bite off. I think it was a large coho for sure. Fishing 105 feet and it surface very quickly. Had two other wild cohos released and small small salmon everywhere. Pickup up a 10lb white spring at the bedfords at 1:15pm this was the other bite. Ok day out there. Saw lots of other boats with hook ups. I heard Coho where showing up in 500 feet of water off Church.

cby

If that is a pulled trap with chicken still in it I think the answer is there.
Or just maybe he hasn't placed it yet.

Back