Sooke Prestige Inn

tubber

My wife won 2 nights at the hotel. I haven't fished in Sooke since it was built and I've only stayed at Sunny Shores.
My questions are: Can I launch and get moorage there or very near there? Can I park my truck, boat and trailer at the hotel? Can I park my truck and trailer at the hotel?
Should I just keep fishing in Ukee and just tell her to go there whenever she wants with a girlfriend?
I'm thinking sometime in August, but should book soon.

There is a ramp right at the hotel. You may be able to get moorage next store but I would doubt it. May be better just to launch at Sunny Sores and park your trailer there and just drive back and forth, it's just a short drive.

I would call sooke harbour marina next door and see if you can get a temp slip. Also if you can park on the road but not where it say no parking. It's a short walk to prestige. Also it like 18.00 bucks to park it at jocks for few days.

Also prestige like to tell people to park in trailer spots at public launch ramp and that's wrong and they know that. Please don't do that. There is limited parking in day for people coming in and out.

Personally I would just launch and retrieve.....your parked right at the ramp but instead of driving home your just going to walk to your room. Pay your 10 bucks a day and your done, easy Peasy.

Personally I would just launch and retrieve.....your parked right at the ramp but instead of driving home your just going to walk to your room. Pay your 10 bucks a day and your done, easy Peasy.

That's what I was hoping someone might say, but I was unsure it was doable.
Thanks all.

That's what I was hoping someone might say, but I was unsure it was doable.
Thanks all.

Its doable but you cant park in those trailer stalls along hotel overnight. Its a daily launch. Not overnight stay. Otherwise everyone in hotel would do that and there would be zero parking there.

I'm not sure what size boat you have but if it's 20+ ft there is only about 6 spots to park and then you are parking on the road.

17 whaler
Your good to go then. Just so you know there are only 21 spots to park and then you are on the road. The spots are angle parking up the lane to the road, they get a little longer as you get closer to the road the top 4-5 spots are the longest. The first 14 spots are 34ft long and the last 7 are 44ft long. If you go on google maps you can see what you will be dealing with before you get there.

Last edited:
If you can't get moorage next store I would just moor at Sunny Shores, It's only 8 minutes down the road and you can leave your trailer there and there will be way less hassle to deal with. One of the things I hate about that ramp is it only has one finger and is only one side of the finger at that. If you come in and are parked on the road you have to walk all the way up to the road, and then drive down the road to turn around. Drive back to the ramp all the time holding up the ramp. People start ferry their boats around yours or there's people trying to put in when your trying to get out. They really did a **** poor job building this ramp.

okay, thanks very much. Sunny Shores does sound simpler, but I'll figure it out. Good tip on the Google map.

These people are all ridiculous...you can launch and park overnight in the trailer spots, just mention to the hotel you are leaving your truck and trailer in the designated spots.. Sure you may have to pay the $10 dollars a day for the launch/parking.
Going to sunnyshores would be ridiculous, it would add a ten minute drive , plus a 10 minute boat ride back..waste of time. Good luck.

These people are all ridiculous...you can launch and park overnight in the trailer spots, just mention to the hotel you are leaving your truck and trailer in the designated spots.. Sure you may have to pay the $10 dollars a day for the launch/parking.
Going to sunnyshores would be ridiculous, it would add a ten minute drive , plus a 10 minute boat ride back..waste of time. Good luck.

Yeah I am pretty ridiculous. Been there when it first got built. Come on man.

Those spaces are dawn to dusk only for people on ramp not the hotel guests. This has been known since it opened and spaces belong to district. Sorry to say. Technically if enforced you can get a ticket.

I have heard that is more enforcement this year so if you are doing it I would just be aware.

Last edited:
X2 Steveo. I'm just calling it the way I see it. I will only use the ramp if I launch super early in the morning and I have a couple buddies that stay with the boat on the dock. This summer on a busy day and a pink year and all the weekend warriors that ramp will be a total **** show. Just so you know you won't see me there this year it's all yours. Tubber I stand by what I said, and SpringVelocity is right on what he has also told you.

All good, I've done it multiple times(and seen others do it). The worst is when hotel guest park there cars there and take up a trailer spot ...happens all the time.

Have to disagree Steve01. If it were me I would arrange for a slip at Sunny Shores and drop the boat in for the three days. No launching to worry about (lineups etc. -wasted fishing time) and a fuel dock so no trips and wasted time dragging the boat to gas stations or sloping in gas from plastic cans. They also have temporary fish storage in a freezer, ice, fish bags etc. Most important of all I would say it is safer. There are a lot of people around besides the operators and those camping and living there. A lot of us know each other and keep an eye on each others boats and trailers and pay attention to anything suspicious. For the main fishing months it is a micro-community. Sooke is a known high theft area and having your kicker or riggers or gear stolen off your boat or out of your truck would ruin your trip. I would not want to be parking my boat on the street or anywhere around the hotel, especially overnight or come back in and find my trailer gone.

Last edited:
X2 Steveo. I'm just calling it the way I see it. I will only use the ramp if I launch super early in the morning and I have a couple buddies that stay with the boat on the dock. This summer on a busy day and a pink year and all the weekend warriors that ramp will be a total **** show. Just so you know you won't see me there this year it's all yours. Tubber I stand by what I said, and SpringVelocity is right on what he has also told you.

Yeah it would be great if it was a big enough area with parking. So many times last year turn down the ramp and every space is taken up already before everyone gets there. Cars parked in the trailer parking. Its a shame really the way that all turned out. Completely mismanaged. Good luck on your stay.

You could ask at the Sooke Harbour Marina about moorage. I stayed a couple of nights at the Prestige a few years ago and moored at Sooke Harbour Marina. It's almost next door and worked fine for us.

Have to agree SpringVelocity, It is a beautiful ramp and in a great spot, but they really did **** up the rest of it. To make a busy ramp work you really need two fingers to make it run proper. Parking is a total joke, as soon as someone gets clipped up on the road that will be the end of parking up there also. Haven't been there for quite some time now, but as of last time no cleaning tables but that may of changed because there was talk of putting one in. For anyone that has a 20+ft boat and a full size truck your chances of getting parking in those 7 spots is like winning the 6/49, I've got to jump the curb just so the butt end of my trailer doesn't get clipped or block the road.

I agree Casper, it is a terrible launch system. To fix it now would be costly and difficult. If there was a will you could fix it by using the ESQ. Anglers launch as a template.
First buy Jocks Dock next door for a large drive through parking area (little backing up except down the ramp). Remove a good part of the marina right beside the current launch. Double or Triple the width of the launch. Finally add the second finger and double or triple the length of both fingers compared to the current one. Essentially clone Esq. Anglers. If you owned Jocks Dock and could get there existing launch dredged you could also increase capacity with that. None of this is likely to happen.

Back