Sooke 2014 Fishing Reports

Oh Roland...the irony in the fact that you 'out-fished' a 'fish god' today...is that irony?...it is comedy either way. Nice hog! You well deserve it!
I don't think so Andrew! His post was about a p.m. session and I was there a.m. He did not say if he fished a.m. but if he did, guaranteed he caught more than I did!! LOL:)

20 plus boats at Sheringham on a Tuesday. LOL!
Maybe time to be less specific about location when posting on the web. = )

I am happy to share all information with anyone that inquires but on web there are only 2 locations. East and West.

Tips

Tips...it was old news as I went there the same afternoon and the fish had moved on. If I was out this morning (which I wasn't) I would have tried the beach at Otter for a few passes to see if they stopped there. As said by others...when you are on the water lots of hours you have a big advantage at planning where and when for the following trips. It isn't a guarantee but it does increase the odds of success and consistency of catches.

Nice fish, English! Enjoyed watching you land this slab! See, you did outfish profisher today - he had nothing :)
We ended up with a 15.5 and a slightly larger spring that we let go. We also released one about 7 lbs spring, a pink and one wild coho. Missed another better fish that only stuck for a few seconds. Not a consistent bite but a bit here and there according to the motto: find bait - find fish. As tips said, we were out west, early to noon. Gorgeous day.

Was there yesterday as well and just missed profisher's show in the morning. There were still a few snaps after that but we lost two nice ones, one because it ran into the rocks and kelps and one because a damn commie boat almost ran us over and threw a wake that almost flipped us while playing a large fish. Ticked off was an understatement! Managed a 14.4 spring beside a pink and small clipped coho. Released a bunch more Cohos and tons of shakers that day too.

To note, Andrew's spoon outfished bait yesterday, today slightly behind. Nice piece of a lure! Thanks Andrew!

Last edited by a moderator:
Out on Tuesday...for a not so early morning and had a rough go of it. Couple of good hits, but nothing stuck. My theory is Profisher took them all!

Still a good day out sunny with no fog in sooke...but sure lots of boats for a Tuesday!

Nice work Englishman, and nice to meet you at the launch in the morning. We also went west to Muir and dropped our gear there , picked up a 7-8 pounder at the light. Looped around there for a bit then kept heading west with just a few taps and a couple of small wild coho. We ended up back at the light and did manage a scrappy 15 lber at about 1:00 pm. Trolled all the way back to the trailer park without a sniff of nothing. Did not see much caught.

Going back out in the morning tomorrow....looks like it might be a tad breezy if BWD is accurate. Not good to see red squares in the am!!

VERY good am for the group today we manged some nice springs 2 on the ANDREW spoon 1 big one smaller. very happy....
let go some BEAUTY sockeye as well errrr a few coho and pinks seems more are more are coming in now which is good to see....
only bad thing was holy weeds today in spots....and killer whales which showed up but were offshore about a mile out ....
and green and the spoon were the ticket today....

Good luck Wolf

Much better today than yesterday. Hooked up on springs, coho, sockeye and even another pink. The sockeye were thick in some areas and on the big side. Hopefully they're open soon. DFO was busy at Cheanuh nailing guys with sockeye and wild coho.

werent we supposed to get an update from dfo about the 1 over 1 under reg. Im pretty sure when they announced it the date was june 16 -july 18th. Any one no if they will change it or when

Ive been keeping 2 overs since the 18th. If DFO wants to dick us around and not give info out. I assume when the slot say until July 18th that if it continued past that time it would be posted.

-KK

I phoned today to and was told the same. The local office is taking lots of calls and knew why I was calling before I asked. Seems that Ottawa is to busy to confirm that we are now back to 2 Chinook no upper limit. I guess they are to busy back there hob knobbing with the Norwegians.

I phoned today to and was told the same. The local office is taking lots of calls and knew why I was calling before I asked. Seems that Ottawa is to busy to confirm that we are now back to 2 Chinook no upper limit. I guess they are to busy back there hob knobbing with the Norwegians.

Awesome,, can't wait to get at em..

14 days and counting lol..

so come August,according to "our website"; sockeye should be good to go...:rolleyes:

Maybe they are open now, they just want us to read their minds. ;)

I looked back on my records and it was opened aug 5th 4 years ago so maybe expect a notice at aug 4th at about 5 pm?? LOL

As i have let a few really nice ones go lately and sure wish i could keep them ....

Back