Sooke 2013 Fishing Reports

I guy I know got a video yesterday of a whole bunch of sea lions acting like porpoises there

Why don't we just go an have a look

Oh chit.... You finally decided to say something..
Smiley_Tiny_Drinking_Coffee.gif

26-1.jpg

You just remember.........
watching-you-smiley-emoticon.gif

[MK6TXMsvgQg] http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MK6TXMsvgQg

Last edited by a moderator:
Got me a beauty 8 pound Coho today on the fly rod! off bedfords 105 on the rigger. Released a smaller spring to. only out for a 2 hour troll.

Green spatterback coho killer no flasher.

-KK

Springs moved in over night. What an epic day today. Into 12 winters landed 9. I got 7 on the Eight weight fly rod and two flasherless on the trolling gear.

All fish caught on green spoons at 100 and 117 ft. Cheers all :)

-KK

4 more today 6,8,9,10 pounds. 3 on the fly rod and one on the trolling rod. Green Spoons and on the bottom 132ft.

Dummy flasher.

-KK

I tried again today and got nothing, Tried Pedder, then to Whirl Bay for a bit, tried bait, pink hoochie and an army truck spoon. Not my lucky day

No winters or coho today in front of Sooke....many porpoise in close and humpbacks out deep...tied into a big hali...only to break the 40 lbs. test in the mayhem...

It happened! I got my 10+ chinook on the fly rod. So stoaked. What a battle was about 11 pounds got air 3 times and fought so hard I even let dad have a go at her!

What a Blast ended off with 5,6,8,11 let 4 3 pounders go aswell. Bait no flasher 144ft

-KK

20131124_113807_resized_1.jpgHubby outfished me again. Trailer Park 10-12 he dragged bottom,130 ft, purple onion flasher armytruck anchovy head. small one first half hr, almost called it a day as it got rough, pin popper! 12pounds! had few runs, great day! Xena

I'm gonna try for hali in the next week, any tips on what depth they're sitting this time of year? I've got too many empty hali slots on my license...

Fished 9:00am until 2:00pm today. First time out for about a month. Time to give the winters a try out from the Harbour and along the bluffs. Within 30 minutes got a beauty 11lb fish on mint tulip hootchie at 131 feet. After that the fish got smaller until they petered out altogether.
Got a 5lb fish on green glow anchovy head, then a 2 lb fish which went back and that was it except for a shaker. Mid-morning east wind made trolling on the kicker a challenge. Crabwise slewing of the boat led to a monumental tangle which took 30 minutes to sort out. By then it had calmed down a bit and after 1:00pm it was great, but never saw another fish after the shaker at 11.
Only one other boat out there all day. Nice day though and quite warm with sun shining through Bimini top…..LOL

Out solo about 12:30 to 2:30 Yesterday. Bluffs to Trailer park. A little sloppy for the 16' open aluminum... and forgot the net. Lost one about 6lb at the boat in a failed tailing then kept a small bleeder and successfully tailed a marbled football about 12 lb. Great scrap on the light rod with no flasher. All clipped.

Attachments

• DSCN2914.jpg
    DSCN2914.jpg
    97 KB · Views: 540
We saw you at there Bugs. We were in the Trophy. At one point we were very close together on our tacks (all that water and just us 30 yards apart!! LOL)
Great fish on a plug like that. As you saw from our post we caught one a bit smaller but it does not compare to catching one from an open tinny with no net! Congrats.

P.S. My wife says she is scared for you as we saw you stand up once in that little boat and we could not see a life jacket. I said you were probably wearing one under your jacket......at least I sure hope you were!!:)

Thanks very much Englishman! And you can thank your wife for her concern! I definitely always wear a lifejacket now, it is one of the inflatable keyhole mustangs so not that visible. They are a great investment, I don't even notice it and half the time I am still wearing it when get back to the house.

Regarding the plug... it was a 4# tomic that I picked up last week for lake trolling (i forget the # but a rainbow trout type colour pattern-not unlike the standby army truck in base colours). Figured I would throw it down rigged as it was for the lake (8lb test which made the tailing even more touchy). All three fish hit the tomic. I had an anchovy down on the other side and one shaker was all it touched, go figure.

Tight lines.

Back